FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which car?
~2001 BMW 330Ci 12 18.18%
2005 Acura RSX Type S 26 39.39%
2005 Volvo S40 8 12.12%
2006 Audi A3 20 30.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Sites Have Motivation to Reward Poor Players. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, how do you get 300+ posts and then post this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT
Old 11-17-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what's good?

Satsuma mandarin oranges. They're in season only during november and december, at least here in the US. They are seedless tangerines, basically, and they are very good. Try them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these the same thing as "Clementines?" They're hit or miss. They're either awesome, or not good at all.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like tacos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mmmmm Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

well - Taco Bell is actually shidt - but I cant stay away from them either. At least its better than crappy McD!

[/ QUOTE ]

But I would rather own MCD stock atm

[/ QUOTE ]

Call my silly, but I'd rather own GOOG [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And sorry about the omissions in the poll. I've actually never heard of some of them; are they local taco restaurants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't Forget Moe's! "WELCOME TO MOES!"
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no sense of agreement here on this painfully obvious issue. Anyone (mis?)spending his life playing online poker is usually unable to admit, on any level, that the game that sucks up all their life's output might be crooked. This is a hugely powerful force. You won't overcome it with logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor, it seems, will I overcome it with bright red letters that state that <font color="red"> "I am not accusing any site of engaging in these "playing field leveling" activities." </font>

Indeed a rational discussion about a sites potential motivation seems to have been turned into a taco thread. You must admit this is amusing, given all the discussion about appropriate odds, correct lines, maximizing returns etc. on this site.

So, I guess for the people that missed it, (or didn't read it) <font color="red"> "I am not accusing any site of engaging in these "playing field leveling" activities." </font>

One more time:

<font color="red"> "I am not accusing any site of engaging in these "playing field leveling" activities." </font>

I think that should do it now. We're discussing motivation, not whether sites do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that you sent an email to pokerstars accusing them of just that.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading coomprehension is fun. Here is what I said:

"So, one day I decided to send what I will call a "bitch e-mail" that effectively asked about a string of bad beats to Pokerstars (by the way, Stars is just the example, I refer to all Sites in this post) support to see what kind of response I would get."

So, given that statement, it sounds like I sent an e-mail to Stars to see what kind of response such an e-mail would elicit.

Now, if I sent an e-mail to Stars accusing them of illicit activity, I would have said this:

"I sent an e-mail to Stars accusing them of illicit activities."

It is truly amazing how many people take the time to post some flame without (a) reading, and/or (b) comprehending the original post.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree ...

It seems that Paradise was the first internet poker site, then everyone stole their software. I believe that there was already a "money balancing" subroutine in the software that probably most sites kept or modified.

I am of course paranoid.

I see alot of strange things. Try playing heads up, buy in for 20% of what your opponent has. Bet/Raise/Reraise every time (slow down at 5 bets preflop and 3 on each street). You will bust your opponent more than 1/6 times. Is this rigged for short stacks ... building pots ... ?? who knows. I tried this as an experiment at the micro stakes to try and determine the sites algorithms.

Just kidding (sort of).

[/ QUOTE ]

BAAHAHAHAHAHHA YOU WIN!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading coomprehension is fun. Here is what I said:

"So, one day I decided to send what I will call a "bitch e-mail" that effectively asked about a string of bad beats to Pokerstars (by the way, Stars is just the example, I refer to all Sites in this post) support to see what kind of response I would get."

So, given that statement, it sounds like I sent an e-mail to Stars to see what kind of response such an e-mail would elicit.

Now, if I sent an e-mail to Stars accusing them of illicit activity, I would have said this:

"I sent an e-mail to Stars accusing them of illicit activities."

It is truly amazing how many people take the time to post some flame without (a) reading, and/or (b) comprehending the original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always read a post in its entirety before I respond. I stand by what I said. You sent an email to Pokerstars "asking about a string of bad beats." Based on this statement and the response pokerstars sent you, it seems pretty damned likely that you insinuated it was rigged. But hey, why not post the text of your email and let us judge.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 AM

Ana's is good. I live about 5 minutes from one....but I still say Chipotle is better. If you look at it in terms of cost/food benefit, Ana's might win because its so cheap. Overall though, being from TX, Taco Bueno is #1 to me.

To the OP, I somewhat understand the basic logic behind your post. It is possible, however very unlikely a site would do this. I think you realize this anyway.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:33 AM

Happily:

"Date: 10/25/2005
Time: 5:37 PM

I've played at your site for about a year now. I've always defended it when I hear about "cashout" detriments, that is, when a player cashes out they miraculously start losing to miracle cards in tourneys and big cash hands. Now, I have just lost two consecutive tournaments on all-in 3 outers on the river. I cashed out this morning.

Any thoughts?"

Note the fact that I bitch about two hands. Note the complete lack of accusation. Finally, note that this is exactly what I said it was.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:34 AM

That sounds an awful lot like an accusation to me. However, I have a constructive post to come.