Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Screen name change (fatskiis) And some long (LC) expatiation

By capping with such a slim equity edge you're not gaining much or anything preflop and you're minimizing the mistakes your opponents can make postflop.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 AM

Jesus you have a strong opinion on this. Is he leading out with these hands 85%+ percent of the time? After I coldcall/cap? Since this is so subjective I'll concede this point; we dont need to discuss it anymore.

Can someone please address something besides this hand?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 AM

I haven't played with you in a while, but my notes on you say that you dependably overplay strong overs on the flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 AM

Ok, let's break this down for you:

AJo is not a stong enough hand where you are gaining preflop equity (overlay) in a 3-way pot by capping. You can run all the showdown-sims you want and quote them. You just aren't geting it w/AJo, it's been discussed here for years, the programs have been run, the calcualations made, it ain't happening.

Now a quiz about folding equity:

#1: Your opponent has a 3 outer in a 16BB pot, his action?

#2: Your opponent has a 3 outer in a 3BB pot, his action?

Which hand is he likely to fold?

(Hint: in hand #2, the pot is smaller)
Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 AM

walloy, I'm not sure why I'm posting this after seeing your response, but I've pegged you as an overaggressive erratic, but tagish player.

You seem to make weird moves often. According to this thread, that backs up the kind of player you are.

I think you suffer from FPS.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:04 AM

The discussion is not helped by your quizes like this, but what the hell, I'll make another.

Now a quiz about folding equity:

#1 you are SB with AQ, the flop is 962r, the pot is 12sb 4 way, everyone has checked except the button who bets, his range is A8+, 66+, KT+, etc. Your action?

#2 you are SB with AQ, the flop is 962r, the pot is 16sb 4 way, everyone has checked except the button who bets, his range is AA-JJ, AQ+. Your action?

This has gotten silly. I think its close and doesnt matter much. FWIW in the same situation if I did it it would be for metagame because apparently capping with AJ make people think you play very poorly, which is a good image against TAGs.

I dont see how so many people can say this is horrible. As Skalnsky once said, it is important to be able to recognize a difference between large mistakes and obvious mistakes.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really starting to anger me.

Quote:
Joe told you that the preflop cap was bad because you have little or no extra equity over the others in the hand.

Entity told you that by incorrectly bloating the pot preflop you are decreasing the likelihood anyone is folding AND decreasing the impact of your mistakes later in the hand.

I dont understand why you are saying this. If it is in response to what I said about the first sentence of Entity's post echoing what Joe Tall already said, you misread something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying this because you keep defending your preflop cap. Even your own pokerstove estimations which I think are underestimating the SB's 3betting range give you only 25% equity. Bloating the pot also makes it correct for your opponents to chase longshot draws.

[ QUOTE ]
He was in the SB. I would really appreciate it if all future references to my preflop equity directly address mine or some other pokerstove calculation. I think my equity is about 25% any way you slice it, making the equity arguement mute from both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your estimation makes the SB 3 betting quite a bit light I think. And even if your equity is 25% then the point isn't moot either. You are still giving minimizing your opponents mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]

He never slows down with QQ or JJ (which btw I dont think are a significant part of his range, but for the sake of arguing with you). He never slows down with AK? He NEVER c/r AA or KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never is a very strong word, but it certainly isn't the 12% you estimate you need. I left JJ and QQ in there, but I don't think they play the flop this aggressively. So I agree they aren't a significant part of his range making your play even worse since you should be weighting his hand range much higher. Going for the checkraise against a player who obviously likes his hand(preflop cap, flop cap) is fancy play syndrome, and I don't think you can count on that nearly as often as you need to to make capping the flop a good option.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 AM

You aren't HU. You really think capping 4-way w/AJo is going to get ALL of them to fold a 962r flop. Like I said before then came back to help; good luck with all of that.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 AM

i only had a few hands verse you but you played well. You are like me in that you like to raise, but i didn't catch you doing anything too bad. My guess is that your a solid winner at both limits unless you tilt like a mofo.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:36 AM

After a lot of yoga, I agree that the preflop cap was bad. Thank you for bringing me to the light.

This hand is a good example of my mistakes and Shania plays.
Can someone answer the mistakes question in my op? Is this amount of mistakes anywhere near normal?