Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Omaha on Paradise any good?

I'm switching between Party/UB/Stars lately and the average pot sizes on UB are way below those on Party. There's not many sites with large player pools for Omaha so I downloaded Paradise to have a look at the options there.

There seems to be a reasonable amount of tables going at around the PL$100 level, but is the standard any good?

thanks.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Omaha on Paradise any good?

[ QUOTE ]
'm switching between Party/UB/Stars lately and the average pot sizes on UB are way below those on Party. There's not many sites with large player pools for Omaha so I downloaded Paradise to have a look at the options there.

There seems to be a reasonable amount of tables going at around the PL$100 level, but is the standard any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. shhhh.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:36 AM

You can't compare pot sizes for Party and other sites because Party includes uncalled bets in their pot size avg. UB has good games, and Paradise is the softest of all.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:47 AM

I found UB to be incredibly tough personally, even the baby limits.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new to Omaha, UB is soft, however it is tougher now than it was just a month ago. Well not really tougher but people don't make as bad of calls as they used to. But the play is still pretty transparent. I was strictly a Hold'em player until about a month ago when I started playing Omaha on UB and now I rarely play hold'em cash games.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new to Omaha, UB is soft, however it is tougher now than it was just a month ago. Well not really tougher but people don't make as bad of calls as they used to. But the play is still pretty transparent. I was strictly a Hold'em player until about a month ago when I started playing Omaha on UB and now I rarely play hold'em cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]On Party I'm a 10-15BB/100 winner at all levels up to PL$400 over 25k hands so I'm not *that* new to Omaha. I'm breaking even on UB over about 5k hands.

The lower limits seem much tighter and more aggressive on UB, more raising preflop and less payoffs by weaker hands like lower straights K-flushes and underfulls.
Maybe it's just variance.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]On Party I'm a 10-15BB/100 winner at all levels up to PL$400 over 25k hands so I'm not *that* new to Omaha. I'm breaking even on UB over about 5k hands.

The lower limits seem much tighter and more aggressive on UB, more raising preflop and less payoffs by weaker hands like lower straights K-flushes and underfulls.
Maybe it's just variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I've never played on Party so comparitively speaking it may be tougher. Maybe since it's the only site I've played on significantly and I've seen some very bad players it doesn't seem tough at all to me. Give it time, you'll adjust and it'll seem very easy to you as well.