Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days sorta

to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you. play and pay have an amazingly high correlation. i clearly stated the days that do not count to make the challenge doable for me hopefully, otherwise i will assuredly burn out so this makes it possible for me. 60k in ~70 days should still be a pretty ambitious challenge. as always thanks for the comments though, irie.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you completely misunderstand why it is absurd or are you just being difficult? I hope its the latter.

Here's my hypothetical challenge:

I just got a new job where my employer decides what he wants to pay me each day on a whim. Some days he'll pay me 1k, other days $30, and even other days maybe he'll ask me to pay him money because he feels I did lousy job (he's the boss). I have no idea before work what I will make for that day. All I can do is show up and hope he pays me.

My Goal: To make 60K in 2 months.

sigh
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 PM

lol wow, yes its exactly like that, hopefully my boss is generous then.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But it's doable. I would like another 60k. Hell I'd like another 30k. This is probally the most sensible thing I've done since I dropped out of high school [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, its not the idea of a challenge that I think is silly...but the idea of putting a dollar figure on it. I just think it is so fundamentally absurd. So what if you finish in 1st in every one you play for x games (lazy) and hit 60k or whatever in 2 weeks? Are you done? What if youre down 1k in 59 days? Does that mean you have to play the STEP highers to recoup?

X number of SNgs makes more sense for a "challenge"..."I am going to play x SNGs in 60 days and I am going to do my best to maximize profits" I mean, arent we always trying to make the most money possible?

didnt mean to be a dick...just don't understand sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This puts a nice happy spin on it. Plus, they should be playing enough to make variance reasonably low.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um, so are you consistently making $1000 a day? Because if not, I'm not sure how you're going to manage $60,000 in 2 months.

I mean, you could do it theoretically if you did 100 50+5s with a 15% ROI over the long run, and have ~25% rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM

I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you completely misunderstand why it is absurd or are you just being difficult? I hope its the latter.

Here's my hypothetical challenge:

I just got a new job where my employer decides what he wants to pay me each day on a whim. Some days he'll pay me 1k, other days $30, and even other days maybe he'll ask me to pay him money because he feels I did lousy job (he's the boss). I have no idea before work what I will make for that day. All I can do is show up and hope he pays me.

My Goal: To make 60K in 2 months.

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a boss exactly like that, but he also told me that the more hours I make, and the more effort I put into it, the more he will pay me on average!

My boss also said that if you play SNG's for 60 days seriously, you have played many thousands, so your ROI would be pretty close to your 'actual' ROI. So the money you make isn't that random at all!

Yes my boss is so clever... [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
(did I just screw up the metaphor [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ?)
Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to think about that reply.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to think about that reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh do elaborate! As much as I love mysteries, I have to know what the hell you are talking about here.