Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days sorta

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know how many of you are familiar with this challenge that gonores and schneids from limit holdem undertook, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea so yeah im gonna copy them, well sorta. i gotta do good in school and i have to visit my girlfriend so if i go for a weekend to visit my girlfriend or have a midterm whatever the next day n cant play then those days dont count, so it might be closer to 70 days, days off b/c i dont wanna play or wanna watch football blah blah still count as days, ill update every couple of days, if anyone else wants to take this challenge with me also (making it larger or smaller for themselves) are welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to kiss my a** 60 times in 60 days.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 AM

i have priorities, poker isnt at the top of the list.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have priorities, poker isnt at the top of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's where the challenge lies.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 AM

Irieguy, is this how you spell it? R I D I C U L O U S?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:39 AM

But it's doable. I would like another 60k. Hell I'd like another 30k. This is probally the most sensible thing I've done since I dropped out of high school [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it's doable. I would like another 60k. Hell I'd like another 30k. This is probally the most sensible thing I've done since I dropped out of high school [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, its not the idea of a challenge that I think is silly...but the idea of putting a dollar figure on it. I just think it is so fundamentally absurd. So what if you finish in 1st in every one you play for x games (lazy) and hit 60k or whatever in 2 weeks? Are you done? What if youre down 1k in 59 days? Does that mean you have to play the STEP highers to recoup?

X number of SNgs makes more sense for a "challenge"..."I am going to play x SNGs in 60 days and I am going to do my best to maximize profits" I mean, arent we always trying to make the most money possible?

didnt mean to be a dick...just don't understand sometimes.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know how many of you are familiar with this challenge that gonores and schneids from limit holdem undertook, but i thought it was a pretty cool idea so yeah im gonna copy them, well sorta. i gotta do good in school and i have to visit my girlfriend so if i go for a weekend to visit my girlfriend or have a midterm whatever the next day n cant play then those days dont count, so it might be closer to 70 days, days off b/c i dont wanna play or wanna watch football blah blah still count as days, ill update every couple of days, if anyone else wants to take this challenge with me also (making it larger or smaller for themselves) are welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to kiss my a** 60 times in 60 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my thoughts exactly. Absurd challenge. Does anyone expect freemoney to come back here in 2 months and say "well I tried my best but I could only manage $4K" ??
Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 PM

it's a copy of a famous thread by shneids who spent his summer vacation from collage playing 10/20 6 max limit with the 60k in 60 days goal. Funny thing is, if they read the thread, shnieds decided the whole idea sucked and has been against the whole chalange/goal idea since. I think it cost him more than he made (less than 60k) from burnout.

But, have fun with it if you want guys.

Steve
Old 10-19-2005, 01:32 PM

um, so are you consistently making $1000 a day? Because if not, I'm not sure how you're going to manage $60,000 in 2 months.

I mean, you could do it theoretically if you did 100 50+5s with a 15% ROI EVERY DAY, and have ~25% rakeback, but you'd drop dead by the end of week 1 man.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irieguy, is this how you spell it? R I D I C U L O U S?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You mean setting up a "challenge" where the goal is something completely out of your control?

Or qualifying the "challenge" by saying that you aren't really going to do it in 60 days, but rather just whenever you feel like playing?

I also want to make a lot of money by playing poker whenever I feel like it. I just wouldn't call that a challenge and make a post about it.

This place is getting weird. But I'm just a hater.

Irieguy