Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 01:48 AM

Default QQ and the turn

What do ya think? I should have bet out on the turn huh? Went a little weak/tight here I think, but recently have found I've been doing it in the right spots against the right opponents, so maybe it was something I picked up on or maybe I just wimped out. Not sure in this hand as I don't recall the player. This hand was from yesterday.

Whether I bet out on the turn or not, do I call the river bet? I think heads up I have to.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 12-29-2004, 01:49 AM

Default Re: QQ and the turn

heads up, you gotta bet the turn here. then check through on the river.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:12 AM

I agree. I would have bet the turn. By not betting on the turn you know BB is probably going to bet on the river (if he is aggressive at all) and you have to call it down. He'd have to be even more aggressive to come over the top of your turn bet which isn't likely unless he made two pair. If he came over the top I'd probably run with an A on the board unless I knew from experience that he was a maniac. With QQ I typically err to the side of being too agressive.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:23 AM

wimp out :P