Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 PM

Default A boring hand

Tightish 30-60 game at the Bellagio about 3 hours ago. A loose player limps UTG (seems somewhat passive thus far), I limp from MP, a tight player limps from LP, both blinds play.

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: Checked to me, I bet, LP and blinds fold, UTG raises, I call.

T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]: Bet, raise, call.

8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]: Checkbetcall. What are my most likely hand(s)?

Anyway, so yeah I'm in Vegas! It would be fun to meet any other 2+2'ers out here, so give me a PM with contact info if you want to hook up for dinner or drinks or anything (first round's on me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). Just be sure to give me some lead time, since I will probably only be checking the boards once/day at most (public libraries rule, btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). And if you see a 30ish guy missing some hair in tan shorts and a green shirt at the Mirage or Bellagio today, that's probably me (my name is Paul).
Old 04-15-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Re: A boring hand

Old 04-15-2004, 01:29 PM

Qs Jh or 2 non-nut spades
Old 04-15-2004, 02:26 PM

A6, a flush like JTs, or 66 seems most likely for you. KQ with Qs is a possility for the UTG, but who know?

I think you should raise any hand that you want to play here preflop since it's a tightish game with hopes of getting it headsup.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:12 PM

Paul - Don't take this the wrong way, for some reason I always thought you were a girl. Maybe Colleen - Coilean.

Anyway, I would guess QJ with a spade or 66.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 PM

Besides 66, I might put you on A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 08:16 PM

Default My hand

I had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and beat my opponents flopped two pair with A6. Clark already chastised me in person for the preflop play, and I can't really disagree all the strongly. I can only confess to a weakness for playing pseudocrap hands after a weak player has already limped in if the danger of a raise doesn't seem too high. Anyway, I wonder if Clark even believes I play this stuff after watching me fold about 95% of my hands for 4 hours last night [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Besides the occassional smallish flush, my most likely hand here would be 66. As JA already mentioned, most hands I play from here would be raised to isolate the weak player since the game is tightish and I should have a decent chance to get it heads up. Since my hand sucked this time, I didn't mind so much this time if a few more players tagged along.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:11 AM

hi coilean
i read the results before responding. i never do that. i guess i was bored. anyway, the pre-flop call is awful, however it is followed by a terrific post flop. that's how to do it coil. just don't do it. your 87 is trash; a wretched two card mate. they break the boredom and your budget at the same time.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:24 AM

Maybe be two pair, aggresive. If I come out to Vegas Next week I will give you a buzz, Paul.