Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: results and one minor correction

Yes I still do make a big bet here (i usually bet around 75% of the pot) worried that you had flopped a set and have a full house draw. I don't want to give you a cheap draw on that.
I think the info you gave on this player was wrong since he is clearly awful in that he called your allin raise with next to nothing.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:49 PM

Playing 69s on the button after a few limpers is debatable in NL, but to say that it's "automatic" i believe is wrong. Few things, if any, should ever be automatic in NL imo.
IN regards to the hand in question, i vote for suicide on the turn, you shoulda probably muck your hand.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:01 PM

My guess is that he though he had the Kc, not Ks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The opponent is absolutely terrible, calling on the flop with no hand and no draw, and then calling an all in with 3rd pair.

As for your question about what the board members would do with the nuts, occasionally, I'd make a decent sized bet in early position, just because of the deception factor. More times than not, though, I think I'd check raise all in.