Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: HU SNG theory question 1

which article are you talking about? the one about the battle of the blinds?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the stack sizes, which I didn't see in your OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since its heads up and there are 3000 chips in play if your opponent has x chips you have (3000 - x) chips.

I really haven't played a whole lot of these. And I'm not seeking the best of competition right now.

Right now my "autocall" line is around 650 vs opponents that are too tight (IMO).

If I double them up....it isn't the end of the world because I feel like I have good control over an TP opponent. And given a double up, I feel like I can whittle them down alot faster this time because the blinds are higher.

I'm more cautious about shipping chips to an aggressive player. This is for 2 reasons.

1. I don't feel like you can have nearly as big an edge over an aggressive player than you can over a passive player. Therefore many more times when I double up the opponent I go on to lose.

2. Playing an aggresive opponent when the stacks are deepish (~30BB), can be dramatically harder than playing that player with shallow stacks (~13 BB)
Old 11-09-2005, 04:44 PM

Perhaps you misunderstood that I agree it is not a numbers question.

Remember, half the time I get to act frst. How is my opponent playing his BB? If too tight then I do not have to call with trash as I get to take the blinds right back every hand. If too loose I get to simply choose the hand I think has a decent chance to knock him out. (I won't say top 50% or such as each opponent has their own personal hand preferences. For example some would rather play A3o than KTs. Some would rather play 87s than Q8o etc. This must be factored into your hand range.)

Here is another question regarding this. How afraid am I of doubling my opponent up? Is he better than me or will I have an easy time getting the chips back?

Way too complex for a mathematical formula.

-Mike
Old 11-09-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5) Variance. Variance in HU SnGs is really low, so it shouldn't be much of a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted to start a new thread about this, but please explain this in further detail. Enquiring minds want to know.

Onaflag.............
Old 11-10-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which article are you talking about? the one about the battle of the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]
2+2 Magazine November issue