Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: What the hell do I tell a leasing agent?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yep...I've gone through this....self-employed in financial risk/money management business. No more questions ever.

I do have follow-ups if more questions come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as? I'm interested to know, cause I can just imagine telling someone I'm self-employed in the financial risk/money management business and them looking at me like I'm crazy and assuming I'm either a day-trader or part of organized crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Independent Computer Consultant specializing in online asset management.

Its all how you spin it.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 AM

I live in Nashville.

Nashville apartment complexes might be a pain in the ass to deal with, most want credit and job references.

However, the area around Belmont and Vanderbilt is full of houses and apartments being rented by individuals who aren't always as picky. You can always tell them you're a student at Belmont (where all the music industry people go).
Old 11-04-2005, 10:32 AM

Whatever you do, don't lie to them about anything. I am a landlord or several units and if I catch even the wiff of a possible lie, they never see the keys.

Some advice.

1. Don't offer a big deposit or extra rent months, you will look like a meth lab operator.

2. Tell them what you do. Print out your Neteller statements and bank account statements.

3. Show them your quarterly taxes, if you are up on them, otherwise, your regular taxes will do.

4. Be honest! If they are a good landlord, they will verify everything. Having a good landlord means things get fixed and the unit is worth staying in.

psw

ps. Regarding no-doc loans... the poster is correct. Just be prepared to pay a higher interest rate. And I mean more than 1% more usually.