Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL TEAM RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Getting all my money in with the marginally best hand, even if the pot is being overbet, or looks "fishy as hell", is how I make most of my rapid exits from tournaments. Which I then follow up by whining like a sissy about it for eternity. .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Have you paid me yet?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:48 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I think he wants 1st-3rd places to all transfer our winnings to his account. I mean, he rightfully earned it, he got his money in with the best hand. You just can't argue that logic.

*calls the WSOP to argue on behalf of Helmuth in the A/K vs. K/J river debacle*
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished reading this entire thread and want to thank MegaBet. It's nice to know there is someone out there that takes a beat worse than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I accept it when playing the fishbowl that is the $55 SNGs on Party. Bad players = more bad beats, but is very much +EV for me long term. But when a 2+2er makes such a terrible terrible call it makes me wonder why I am giving out advice. If people don't listen I guess I am wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought at all about your flop push? You did hit top pair on a scary board but still shoved all your chips in like a $6 donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

"shoved my chips in like a $6 donk" ?? Yeah, such a bad play putting all my chips in and overbetting the pot when I knew I had the best hand, protecting it against the flush draw and I knew I'd probably be called by a worst hand. Yeah, terrible donkish behaviour by me!

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks either of his overcard outs were good then he was a 1.3-1 dog and the pot was laying him 1.4-1. If both his outs were good, he was a favorite.
Not to mention he had you covered and that bet smelled fishy as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting all my money in with the best hand, even if the pot is being overbet, or looks "fishy as hell", is how I make most of my $$. I even started a thread on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different point than bitching about his bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never bitched about anything. It's you guys who are blowing it out of proportion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously believe you didn't bitch about it?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting all my money in with the marginally best hand, even if the pot is being overbet, or looks "fishy as hell", is how I make most of my rapid exits from tournaments. Which I then follow up by whining like a sissy about it for eternity. .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you can't let it go, can you? You weren't in the hand...heck you weren't even on my table! If insulting a player of my ability makes you feel more of a man, then go right ahead. I know what's what and who's who. I'm heading back to the tables to win my usual loadsamoney.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he wants 1st-3rd places to all transfer our winnings to his account. I mean, he rightfully earned it, he got his money in with the best hand. You just can't argue that logic.

*calls the WSOP to argue on behalf of Helmuth in the A/K vs. K/J river debacle*

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't be bothered to write it out again.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you can't let it go, can you? You weren't in the hand...heck you weren't even on my table! If insulting a player of my ability makes you feel more of a man, then go right ahead. I know what's what and who's who. I'm heading back to the tables to win my usual loadsamoney.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you're right. I'm sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Terrific play. I'll use it next time.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:07 PM

Any one who plays their A or Im at work game in these events is missing an opportunity imho.

For me its all about taking the grind out and putting the fun back into poker. When I have the chips to spare I allways make a few loose calls, and gambool it up.

Its a release that allows me to be more ruthless, logical but mostly robotic when Im grinding it out on the 9-5.

Had I been trying then I would have won easily, wheres the fun in that? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For me its all about taking the grind out and putting the fun back into poker. When I have the chips to spare I allways make a few loose calls, and gambool it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I called you with the ATo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Because I was playing in a gear so far beyond Gus Hansen it can only be called "bad", I figured you put me on crap like I had every other time.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I called you with the ATo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Because I was playing in a gear so far beyond Gus Hansen it can only be called "bad", I figured you put me on crap like I had every other time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished reading this entire thread and want to thank MegaBet. It's nice to know there is someone out there that takes a beat worse than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I accept it when playing the fishbowl that is the $55 SNGs on Party. Bad players = more bad beats, but is very much +EV for me long term. But when a 2+2er makes such a terrible terrible call it makes me wonder why I am giving out advice. If people don't listen I guess I am wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought at all about your flop push? You did hit top pair on a scary board but still shoved all your chips in like a $6 donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

"shoved my chips in like a $6 donk" ?? Yeah, such a bad play putting all my chips in and overbetting the pot when I knew I had the best hand, protecting it against the flush draw and I knew I'd probably be called by a worst hand. Yeah, terrible donkish behaviour by me!

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks either of his overcard outs were good then he was a 1.3-1 dog and the pot was laying him 1.4-1. If both his outs were good, he was a favorite.
Not to mention he had you covered and that bet smelled fishy as hell.
Plus he had a chance ot knock you out and start the circus that is you whining.
Who did this to poor Megabet? Please chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]

swas7366 is more of a lurker than a poster. He emailed me this:

"I thought i made a good call, lots of outs and only about 1/3 my stack. besides he had just got a semi bad beat a couple of hands before, thought maybe he was tilting."

Nice hand! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]