Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: An 11r Rebuy Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

being directly to his left affords you the best spot at the table. While this is likely +ev, I think that you can fold here and still stack him when you pick up something slightly better in the next few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going to continue pushing at this pace, doesn't it seem pretty likely that somebody else is going to get him first if you wait a few hands? And if he doesn't keep pushing at this pace, then it's a lost opportunity anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i thought about that. that's why i think it's close. If we were heads up, i think that this is an easy fold. But you want to get his money first. If he wasn't on his left, I think that this would be an easy call, but we are going to have first shot every time he does this, so I think it gets pretty close. Remember, too, that the next few hands he will be in LP, and i'm sure that people will be scared to play marginal hands with the fear of him pushing again, so it's likely to get folded to him until he gets caught.

meh, i don't know, flip a coin.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:27 PM

what are the antes? 500 or 1k?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by why risk 2/3 of ur stack when you can easily find a better spot to accumulate. he's already got 100K and right now he's got queen high. thats an ugly way to look at it, but QJs is a dog to K-rag offsuit, and a flip with pocket pairs. i just dont think its worth it at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think holding QJs vs a maniac raiser is among the best spots to accumulate that we're going to find. If it were QJo I would lean towards holding out to bust him with a better hand, but QJs just fares so well vs random cards and the crazy range that he's probably pushing.

I'm all ready to have a 170k stack and mow everyone over here. I don't really think I'm gonna get many accumulation spots with this guy around, and I may not get another good shot at him.

Kings
Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 PM

Calling with 22+, J7+, Q2+, K2+, A2+.

Just above average hands.

Brad
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 8 seat in this hand has 70k. He took a bad beat to have his stack reduced to about 40k 5 hands before. Blinds 4/8k. He goes all in 4 hands in a row right after the beat. Then has his BB folded to him. 6th hand ABB he's in the SB, I'm in the BB with 100k after posting.

Folded to him. He pushes.

Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

being directly to his left affords you the best spot at the table. While this is likely +ev, I think that you can fold here and still stack him when you pick up something slightly better in the next few hands.

It's close, though and I don't mind calling there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point Soss. Who is to say that you can't find a better spot to take his chips?

Now that I read that you had QJ though, I'm calling here I think. He's shown too many maniacal tendencies to fold this in my opinion.

Brad
Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Q2? really?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this, although I'd make it J8s+, Q6s+...throw in T9 and T8s as well.

The sb isnt playing like a maniac, he's playing like he has to when his stack is critically low (with antes, he had enough a stack to make it around the table twice). Looks like he's pushing with any two...you dont even have to think here.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Q2? really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up against a guy pushing almost any two? Ya, I think so. It's close, but I really don't see why Queen high wouldn't be beating a lot of the hands that he's pushing with. It's better than a random hand right?

Brad
Old 07-15-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's better than a random hand right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Q7o is almost exactly 50% against a random hand.

Q2 is 47.3% against a random hand.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 07-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Thanks, at work so didn't have my poker calculator with me. So, uh, not Q2 then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Brad