Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 06:28 PM

Default How will you be posting these picks, NoChance?

Will you post separately by day, or start a thread a week and add to it, or what?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: How will you be posting these picks, NoChance?

I was planning on a new thread each day. That is what I did last year. It would contain YTD record, and the teams listed just like in the original post in this thread, and then a sentence to tell people which team to take so there is no confusion.

Any other suggestions?

I am also keeping a spreadsheet to track the data.
Date
Teams (including ranking)
Final score
etc

The win/loss record I post will be the line that I purchased. Results may vary better or worse for others depending on the lines they get.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:13 PM

Thanks, NoChance, I'll admit I didn't notice which poll had them ranked and which didn't. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:28 PM

So this is a no-play correct? Just want to clear up the AP/USA Today Ranking Polls situation.. thanks!

GL
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM

Right, no play. NoChance uses the USAToday/ESPN polls for this trend.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: NCAABB Unranked vs Ranked 11/29

well we have some games upcoming on december third that might give us a play or two.. patience! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:00 AM

I got a new system for you guys. How about we always take the better team that's also GETTING points when playing an overrated public team. It'll be a huge winner!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 AM

Shamu,

Remember to take the moneyline as well.

Yours in riches,
NhlNut
Old 12-02-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a new system for you guys. How about we always take the better team that's also GETTING points when playing an overrated public team. It'll be a huge winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it not occur to you that oftentimes the ranked team is themselves an overrated public team (e.g., Illinois)? And that maybe that's part of why the system works?

And that EVERY ranked-unranked game is going to look sketchy to people who believe more in their own gut than in math?

Congrats on the win if you took Illinois, but I really think UNC was the right side here. Indy, for example, took Illinois -2. That cannot possibly have been a good bet, but it won. People win sometimes at roulette too.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I really think UNC was the right side here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really believe this? I understand that it's important to not be results oriented. Many times you will make the "right" play and still lose. But many times you will also make the WRONG play and lose. And when that happens it's important to learn from it so you don't make the same mistake.
How can you honestly say that UNC was the right side? You're only fooling yourself. You watched the game right? You saw that Illinois was running away with the game until the refs decided to make it close by calling every ticky tack foul (that they weren't calling in the 1st half) on Illinois. And even with the help of the zebras, I dont think UNC ever had the lead in the second half. Let me repeat that: THE FAVORED TEAM NEVER LED IN THE SECOND HALF. And you still think you were on the right side? Cmon.