Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: how are the six-max games at Absolute?

The primetime at AP seems not to be the same as at Party, I get good tables at random times, which I like since Im 6 hours ahead of EST.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:47 PM

5/10 and 10/20, in my experience, are aggressive as hell... comparable to 20/40 games I play... the 10/20 is just AGGRESSIVE... the 5/10 is more aggressive than all other 5/10 games I play *shrug*
Old 11-05-2005, 06:54 PM

While everyone is on the topic, how have the 3/6 6 max tables been on the Empire network???
Old 11-05-2005, 08:21 PM

I have not played the 5/10. But the rest of the games are soft in a way different that party/stars
Old 11-05-2005, 08:31 PM

Maybe I've been unlucky with my timing, but at 1/2 and 2/4 I'm seeing a VF% in the high-30s, low-40s. They have been kicking my ass all over the table. Almost half the hands at 1/2 reach the $5 pot needed to be raked. That's terrible.

Could be karma for the poundings I've been dishing out while bonus whoring at Poker Plex.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:53 AM

I play 1/2 and it's all about game selection. Fish are there, but you have to search for them. Some tables are full of tight-passives and tight-aggressives, not an optimal mix for that level. The tables peak there at different times...more aligned with European peak hours for some reason. Very few lags. For over half the tables, pots are less than $10 and VPIP is in the low 40s. This sucks for 1/2 compared to party.

I've only been at 6 max for 5 weeks, but my datamining of party makes me want to go back so bad. Bonus and rakeback keep me elsewhere for the time being, but I'm becoming quite sure that it doesn't outweigh the party fish factor at my level.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:59 AM

I don't know what you guys are smoking but it isn't legal. The games at Absolute are way too rocky to post a good win rate without the whacked out bonuses and or a rake rebate(I don't get one yet). Most tables are under 10 bucks at 1/2? Where is the dead money there? My winrate is about 1BB an hour per table (not including the 5BB's I get for the bonus) at party I was about 3BB's an hour per table at 1/2. The games are night and day........ [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]