Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Paradise double paid my neteller?? advice

What you propose is no different than stealing something from a gas station when the only attendant runs outside to pump someones gas.

Do you steal at every opportunity?

rJ
Old 11-05-2005, 12:44 AM

I steal all the time, and I think it is good for the economy. This has happened to a number of people. Some of them were asked for the money back, some of them weren't and have not had trouble for months or even years. leave it there. and then cash it out after a while.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 AM

The correct answer is give it back - and it's not even close. Over and above that, the Poker Gods hate a thief. Do you really want to risk their wrath?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:38 AM

Everything should have a log record. You could do future cashouts/deposits and that record could pop up on their database years down the line. As tempting as it is (well depends how much $$$ you made) I think the high road would be to send it back.

Shame though, the poker sites make so much off you in rake anyways.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:38 AM

I would:

1. Doublecheck that they really made a mistake. Sometimes when I get "too much change" it turns out to be my confusion and not theirs. Recheck your Neteller and Paradise balances to be sure you really do have extra money.

2. Withdraw all money from Neteller except the amount of the overage. Mistakes have a way of occurring in bunches. You don't want any extra money lying around when they try to take their money back *twice*.

3. Notify Paradise and offer to return the money because it's the right thing to do.

BTW, my personal rule is that my obligation ends there. The second time someone gives me too much change for the same purchase I deem them to be wasting my time and move on with my life.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:13 AM

First and foremost, this is not stealing. The money was given to him and is in a seperate account. He is under no legal obligation to return the money.

For example, if you leave the grocery store with extra change and realize it later on that day do you think its against the law to keep the extra change? There is no affirmative duty to return the extra money.

And forget about the moral aspect of the situation. Like someone else said, they wouldn't be looking for you if you left your money with them and never played their again.

Do the right thing and keep the money.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do the right thing and keep the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh...calling it the "right thing" might be stretching it a bit. I think though that it's not the end of the world, regardless of you do. Do what you want to do with it: if you keep it, just remember that there may or may not be consequences and be willing to accept them. Provided this isn't a large sum of money, then yes, it's like the example someone mentioned about a grocery store giving a little bit extra change back. No harm done. Technically, it's stealing, but just because something is technically wrong doesn't mean it's not acceptable. We all break speed limits at one time or another and we all have lied when it probably wasn't a good idea.

Does that make it right? Not really. But I don't think it's an issue worth worrying about.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:44 AM

You need to be completely selfish here.

If it will bother you to keep the money (I suspect it will or you wouldn't have posted) then you should tell them and ask for a bonus.

If you don't care about the morality of it (I personally wouldn't) then ignore it. Simply leave it there. Whatever happens to it will happen to it. I think you could notice it in three months with complete safety.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:51 AM

Its hard to argue because we don't know the amount of the cashout. Would be different it was $50 as apposed to $2500?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Like if your bankroll is 10K and it's $500 who cares either way

If you are a micro limit bonus whore and every $1 matters and it's a few hundred, it's much more attractive to keep.

I have trouble feeling sorry for a multi-million dollar company as Paradise most likely is.

I know stealing is stealing or whatever, but if I saw one of the VP's of Wal-Mart driving down the street and a giant bag of money fell out of his car I'm keeping it.

If I see some guy in an unemployment line drop his wallet I'm giving it back.

Hypocritical, a little, but that's just what I would personally do.