Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: 11/1

I can't remember exactly what happened, so correct me if I'm wrong, but did the sheik call time on her? I was thinking about how stupid it would be when you're sitting there with AA and you call time on someone. I don't care how long you take when I got AA i want a call and I'm not going to call time on you especially after you clearly announce that you are behind by far. It seems to me that when time is called on someone they usually end up using all the tiem and folding, why make anyone make a decision so quickly.

But this isn't very true if it wasn't the sheik that called time on her. I know he called time on her on the raymer hand though...
Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 AM

Default The Sheik

What did people think of the Shiek? He plays 400-800 at the Bellagio so he is not a rookie. I dont think he is an ass like cardplayer made him out to be. I heard that he is playing the 100,000 dollar cash game at Golden nugget this week.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But, why is there so much hostility?

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone, black or white, male or female, old or young took THAT long to make those decisions, I would be pissed in Sheik's spot. Taking 15 (I mean, FIFTEEN) minutes to fold KJs is just an embarrasment. Calling Greg's all-in with AJo (and her amazing logic to go with) makes her a donk.

I equate this to the 25-handicapper that reads the break of the 10 foot putt five different ways while people are waiting to hit their approach shots. Then, the guy 3-putts.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We've got quite a battle so far for biggest douche of the WSOP: Stillman, Friedman or Dannenman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the leader of the Dannenman "Douche of the Year" bandwagon, but after seeing the fat basketball guy tonight I'm changing my vote. (And Dannenman actually impressed me tonight and may have won me over. That first phone call really rubbed me wrong though.)

Unfortunately the polls are still open. We'll see.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: The Sheik

Based on the little I watched of him, he's clearly an excellent player.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We've seen Williamson in three big pots. She:

1. Folded KJs to an all-in re-reraise.
2. Called an all-in re-reraise with AJo.
3. Re-raised all-in with A7o

Play 1 is clearly correct.

Play 3 can be situationally correct. Her opponent needed a big hand to call with.

Only Play 2 is poor.

Some of you are determined not to like her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you didn't read the day by day logs of Cardplayer or PokerPages when the WSOP was going on. She made at least 5 or 10 more plays like that AJo had. Raising with AQo getting reraised all-in for 1 million more, thinking 15 minutes and then calling, only to be drawing to 3 outs and then spiking her A each time. She is really that bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
There's 1 easy reason why people hate her (in no particular order):

She's black

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

joking. if I can't be tasteless here then where can I be?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's 1 easy reason why people hate her (in no particular order):

She's black

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

joking. if I can't be tasteless here then where can I be?

[/ QUOTE ]

man, you really are on the caffiene.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:14 AM

He did cry, I think, or at least scrunched his face up like a baby.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate this lady

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez. There's a lot of vitrol in this thread (and others). The personal attacks are unpleasant, to say the least; but it's a public forum so there isn't much in it for me to cry foul and ask people to refrain from that sort of behaviour. But I would note that I have already responded to certain of the criticisms of my play, particularly how long I took to make some decisions. See, my previous post, for example.

Without a doubt, when I got on the t.v. table, I made some pretty questionable plays. But, in my defense, when I got on the t.v. table, I was a bit nervous (#1, it was the t.v. table and #2, I instantly recognized a couple of the players there, who I knew would try to run me off the table and #3... well it was the t.v. table). So I tried to make a few moves to show that I wouldn't be pushed around and it completely backfired. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] If I could also add, during most of tournament, I otherwise played a fairly tight and aggressive game and, save my time on the t.v. table and three key hands involving AQ, I rarely entered and stayed in a pot where I was behind in the hand unless my intention was to bluff. What has been written here notwithstanding [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img], but for the t.v. table disasters and A/Q hands (and near the end where I was shortstacked), I rarely got involved in pots where I did not have an edge. (The WSOP hasn't been televised here yet; so I'm not sure which of the many hands I was involved with have been selected for inclusion in the ESPN coverage.) For example, someone has written:

[ QUOTE ]

Williamson busted someone I pay with not completely irregularly near the end of day one - AA v. KK for about 35K. Not sure how she got TO 35K, but that's part of the mystery.

I think I can sum it up in two words: Card Rack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That simply did not happen. I had AA and he had KK. I think there are records of the hands posted on cardplayer.com or some other poker websites which could evidence this.

There has been some speculation as to the particularly acerbic remarks posted regarding me. I don't believe I know anyone here on these forums (???); but this is about poker (I'm guessing) and not anything else (I hope). Viewed in that light, I can think of a few reasons why my experience at the WSOP (where I did win $400K [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], had a free vacation in Vegas and had a hell of a good time) might trigger a few negative reactions from more experience poker players. Reasons, not excuses. I did get very lucky on some critical hands (which, ultimately, is required in a tournament such as the WSOP). I took some time in making certain key decisions (please see my previous post for my response to this criticism). I am a beginning player, yet I made it to 15th in the biggest poker tournament in the World! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Well, on this last point, what can I say. I have been playing poker for just about a year now. I do not profess to be some kind of poker expert, as I am continuing to learn the game. Certain of the moves that I made during the WSOP tournament, I clearly would not make today. Many others, I would make, because I did make some great decisions and plays during the tournament as well. In the end, my experience has made me want to learn a lot more about the game, which I would think would be the aim of most other players (to want to encourage others to learn about and play a game they enjoy). I've had some additional successes since the WSOP, and I'm improving. Maybe one day I'll get to meet some of you across the felt and you will have an opportunity to relieve me of the fruits of my one year of playing poker!

Best,
Tiffany