Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: HUSH under new moderation - input appreciated!

stop being difficult. its obvious that this forum would improve a ton if there was 10/20+ forum or even 20/40+.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 PM

I was in support of the HU and SH split as well.

I just think some of us are interested in more detailed discussion on HU play. And I don't think you have to post the previous 50 hands to have this (whoever said THAT is 'just being difficult' imo).

I would also like a mid-high SH forum in addition to that.

The fact that schneids says he'll post in there more often is more than enough for me to say "okay....no more stalling. lets get this done NOW."

But I just disagree with the argument that by the time you make it to 10/20 or 20/40 or whatever you have some idea of what you are doing in heads-up and 3-handed play.

I don't think this is a valid argument for having some HU discussion in a seperate forum.
And I don't think it's entirely true.
There are lots of posters in here who won't stay at a table if it gets down to HU or 3-handed. They could be a winning player at 10/20 6-max but they are too far out of their comfort zone when it gets that short.

IMO, this is proof that not ALL players who makeit to 10/20 are completely comfortable with their HU or 3-handed game.
The reason they don't stay might be because 3-handed or heads-up feels like an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT kind of game....and that's partly because it really is.

Some people seem to act like HU play is just something you can practically make-up as you go along and that discussing it is pointless.
I disagree.
I know that my HU play could use a LOT of improvement.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 AM

Default from the higher-ups...

A little ruckus got started in the admin forum about the HUSH split, and I had sent a PM to Mat Sklansky about it...I just got this reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck promisies he will do this as soon as the forum software is upgraded. Should be any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a software update in the works - it was supposed to go through this weekend but it hit a snag, should be done sometime this week. I'm stoked about this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 AM

If you dont know how to play HU or 3handed by the time you get to 10/20 you shouldnt be at that limit.

I'm not saying you need to be an expert at it but if you are left at a table with a donator and another TAG you should be able to handle yourself.

A forum devoted to it would get little to no traffic.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 AM

i think it would be interesting and beneficial to discuss hu match strategy.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:01 AM

Hey Victor,

I think there would be plenty of HU discussion in Mid-high hush, esp with Schneids around, no?

And, if there isn't, I'd be happy to slap you around HU and post the HHs of how bad I own you to kick off the discussion in the new forum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 AM

I think the fact that Gonores-Kurosh HU match post has gotten 1 reply so far, from me, after it being up for hours in mid high, shows the relative lack of interest in HU on this forum. I honestly don't see the need for a special HU or supershort handed forum.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: from the higher-ups...

Oh man, if you think that's a ruckus, just wait......
Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that Gonores-Kurosh HU match post has gotten 1 reply so far, from me, after it being up for hours in mid high, shows the relative lack of interest in HU on this forum. I honestly don't see the need for a special HU or supershort handed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey schneids,

I think that one of the posts in the James v gonores threads hit it on the head, we're defintely interested in stuff like this, but can't always comment intelligently, not being as knowledgeable in HU play. I agree though that it means it probably doesnt need its own forum
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 AM

at first i didnt think a HU forum would work, b/c it takes so long to read thru the transcripts and it would require other posters to put in a lot of effort/time to respond.

but with videos becoming popular, i think HU match posts could become way more practical, since people could just watch a video instead of looking at ~100 hands in hand history format.

im not sure if this is enough to warrant its own forum though, since its not as if HU posts have been clogging up HUSH or any other forum.