Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Poker throwing off my sense of proportion with money

i'm more with you bernie.

the exception is that my GF and I go out to some nicer dinners and it's not a big deal and I really don't even notice the check (particularly when I've been running well).

This is as opposed to when we first started dating and I was pretty damn broke and she HAD to pick up the check a few times because I just couldn't.

My tipping is a little more generous too (for waitresses, etc)...but I have never been much of a skimper on that I don't think.

Other than not caring so much about dinners and entertainment....I will still go an extra block to save $0.02 on gas....or I'll hit the 2-for-Tuesday special at Subway because I feel good about getting a couple of foot-longs for $7.30 or something.

Looking at the flights to Vegas for my WSOP appearance I kind of laughed at myself for noticing one flight that was $20 cheaper than another.
I was only playing 4-tables of 5/10 while I was looking at the flights....And I thought it was weird that on one screen I was noticing a measly $20 difference...while on another table I was having some regular swings that were obviously much more than that.
On the table, if I flop a big-hand, bet at it, and induce a bunch of folds so that I only take in a $20 pot I will be a little disappointed that that is ALL I got.
On the other screen....I'm debating whether I want to screw around with my departure time too much because I feel bad paying $405 instead of $385 for a flight.