Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Hard Rock Hollywood Fla

Anyone have feedback on good games there?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Hard Rock Hollywood Fla

I played Hold'em there once, and it's a lot like playing the Hard Rock Tampa - absolutely insane. 7-10 players see the flop, even when capped, 3 or 4 hands make a showdown, 90-95% of hands see a showdown.

That said, $1-$2 more closely approximates skilled, sane poker, whereas $2-$2 is two-card bingo, more of a gamble than skill. Many $2 tables I call "$8 hold'em", since the preflop betting is capped EVERY TIME. Just wait for your aces, kings or super-premium hands, and collect (or, like I do, get them cracked for $32).

Some people say Hard Rock's hold'em isn't "real" poker - I say anytime it's real money, it's real poker, just here it's played with really careless players who will raise with nothing and call with any piece of a flop.

I didn't play Stud and Omaha at H'wood, but in Tampa, Stud is chock-full of loose-passive calling stations, and NO ONE raises. Omaha Hi-Lo is 2 or 3 tables, and about half the table knows what they're doing.