Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report 7/2 - 7/5

I'll try to keep this short. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

7/2
My wife and I drove in from San Diego Saturday night. We were staying at the Luxor. We headed over to the Boardwalk for some $5 BJ...That's blackjack for the 14 year olds on this forum. Basically got a good buzz going for about $60. I like the atmosphere there fun people.

7/3
The next day we gambled at the Luxor. This time I played poker. $50 NL 1/1/2 blinds. Lost my first $50 fast when I had AJ suited to AQos with an Axx on the flop. Rebought another $50 and was able to get about $30 of it back when I had Q3os out of the small blind and slowplayed my set of Q's when the flop came QQx. We left there and headed for Aladdin. I played some 2/4 and made about $12 in 2 hrs. Then me and the wife went to X (topless) show at Aladdin. What a tease that was. The comedian was the best part. (No I'm not gay.)

7/4
After hitting up the Luxor buffet and hanging out at the pool we played the Luxor $55 freezeout tournament. What a joke! Not a good structure at all. Blinds go up way too fast and it becomes an all-in fest very fast. I bubbled as the payout struture is top heavy. Then we went to the top of the parking structure to see the fireworks. Uneventful to say the least. Then it was off to the Comedy Stop. All three comics were great. The last one had tears coming out of my eyes from laughter. If you haven't been to the Comdey Stop yet at the Tropicana definitely check it out. I've never been disappointed and that was my third time there. After that it was off to Excalibur for a marathon session of poker. I played from 12am - 10am. Started off at $1-3 spread and then moved to $2-6 once I built up my chips. There is some definite fishy play over there. Players mucking their cards when they could have checked, capping pots with a set or straight and there is a 4 card flush out there. One guy was all in and mucked his cards after a guy bet the turn because he thought he had to fold since he couldn't call the bet. (There was one other player in the pot.) One guy hit a straight flush and they gave him an Excalibur hat. (He looked thrilled...sw.) I ended up walking out with about $85 in profit in 10 hours of play with about $20 of that going to tips (dealers and drinks.) I would of made more but I got tired and played too loose.

7/5
After getting a good power nap of 2.5 hrs. we headed over to the Rio to check out the WSOP. The room was huge. I saw pretty much all the big names. Some of the big names I didn't see were Daniel, Josh Arieh, Erick Lindgren, Gus Hansen, and Phil Ivey. I watched some of the 2-7 NL. One table had Paul Phillips, Greg Raymer, Cyndy Violette, and Johnny Chan. (getting a massage) Lots of table talk (mainly Paul) but wasn't close enough to hear. Watched a bit of John Juanda table but his bright yellow shirt underneath his fulltilt jersey was hard on the eyes. Then I watched a bit of Howard Lederer in the $1000 NL rebuy tournament. Seemed like he was playing tighter than usual. I was also there during the cardplayer interview with Doyle Brunson and those hot blonde girls with cowboy hats. That video didn't do them justice. Those girls were extremely attractive from 5 feet away. Also I could have put a basketball team together with some of the pros. Erick Sidel, Chris Ferguson, Phil Hellmuth, Howard Lederer, and Phil Gordon could definite be a starting 5 on someones team. Then we headed home back to Cali.

So I lied this was long...hope I didn't bore you too much.