Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Top 2-Pair gets bombarded

SB is 22/6/1.1 after 70 hands
BB is unknown.

I'm unsure about the preflop-raise. It was more like an accident. The posted blind confused me so I thought I was in late.
I think I'm ahead on the flop most of the times although the 3bet bothers me. After his 3bet pf I think I'm up against AK. So I cap.
I'm not sure about the turn-call. The flop looks pretty ragged. I find it hard to put anyone on a hand. I'm still reluctant to give SB credit for AA though he bet into me although I capped and now he 3bets again. I also don't know how to deal with the call/cap by BB. I think I have 3 outs to a FH though, a strong hand on this flop and implied odds. How would you play the hand?

PartyPoker - $0.50/$1 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC)

Hero is LP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
MP3 posts BB, CO posts BB
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP3 checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>

(5 players) FLOP: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 8.50 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 15.00 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="red">BB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 27.00 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
SB is All-In

Final Pot:29.20 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Top 2-Pair gets bombarded

Both calling or raising from this position with the 2 limpers can be the proper play depending on the table.

On the flop, SB has a pair, two pair, or a set. Hard to tell without a read. The fact that he's pushing here makes me think he's got 2 pair or a set. BB is pretty passive, he could be playing junk like 53 and drawing to a straight. The fact that he comes alive after the turn 4 makes me think he could be drawing to a straight. Don't know what he's doing if he was drawing to an inside straight with all that action on the flop.

With 2 cold back to me on the turn and that big a pot it's hard to fold. I'd probably make the crying call at that point and expect to be beat unless I made my FH on the river.

Edit: Oops, missed the numbers on SB. OK, now I'd be pretty sure he's got 2 pair or a set with that action on the flop.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he's pushing here makes me think he's got 2 pair or a set.

Edit: Oops, missed the numbers on SB. OK, now I'd be pretty sure he's got 2 pair or a set with that action on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What 2 pair hands would he 3-bet preflop? What pocket pairs would he 3-bet preflop?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how can he have two pair with those numbers? /nit
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can he have two pair with those numbers? /nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lean towards putting him on a set of Aces or Nines with that preflop action. The only other thing he might (slim chance based on preflop) have is A9 like the hero. A2 OOP seems unlikely he'd raise preflop.

Criticise my post(s) all you want. I'm trying to learn too. Just make sure to please put down your thoughts, reasons, and analysis too.

Milesdyson, I've only been on these forums since August, but I have seen you post more remarks than analysis. More analysis would be helpful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:52 PM

i said it was a nitpick, and i don't think i need to show any analysis for why a xx/6 guy can't have two pair on an A92 flop after he 3-bets from the blinds.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Gotcha. You're right. Missed the nitpick part. With PFR of 6, I should have caught that he had to have a pair. Thank you for pointing it out. My Noob mistake.

S
Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 AM

I'm much more worried about BB. looks like a set to me, but could be a worse 2pair, so I'm paying off. I play it the same.