Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: A little guide about notes

Bookmarked.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Wow, thought this thread was dead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Some answers:

@schwza: Thanks for that reply. Good points there. Let me try to answer them at the best I can.

"- how many tables do you play? "

When I am taking notes, it's at the most 2 tables. I'm having a hard time with 2 tables to be honest since it won't be much breathing time so I kinda cut it down when I'm playing 2 tables.

"- do you have the problem that your notes get too long to make them useful? "

Good question! In the beginning it was all a big chump of notes that helped me just a little bit and I didn't really know how to add it all together to get a more complete read out of it but as time went by I got used to it and I wasn't just seeing the "check/fold" note but the whole thing which really help me tremendously as longer the tournament goes. Its like when you start playing poker and KJ off suit is a really good hand to any raise but with time you throw it away . It's like that with the notes. Gets automatic by time .

"- how quick are you to believe a bet-size correlation? if one min raise is 97s and one 2.5x raise is AQ, do you put a lot of stock in that? especially if they come from different positions / levels."

The weaker the player, the more I trust this. But as the levels go up and blinds get somewhat huge, lets say 4000/8000 and upwards, I don't really pay attention to min bets anymore since a min bet here will most likely get the same caller as a standard 2,5/3x BB raise will. Between the blinds of 50/100-400/800 I find it to be really useful against the weaker players since most of the time they just have an marginal hand they would throw away if I come over the top of them. I do however not make this move with any hand unless it gets folded to me and I am in the SB or BB.

When at the level of 50/100 I am really cautious since I don't really have seen that many hands played by this player so to answer the first part of your question, 2 hands and up. 2 is a somewhat hmm... but from 3 and up if I haven't got the feeling that this player is a strong player I will give it a try and hopefully take down the pot.

"- when i get close to the FT, i make notes on pretty much every preflop action. one players notes might look like this:"

Yea, that is really nice. I usually already have a ton of info about most of them but the ones that where added from the other table will be giving alot of extra investigation so I don't usually go with my ordinary note thingy but more like yours.

An example
Preflop: B3/CC1/DB0 o R3/CC1/DB0
Flop: B2/CR1/CF1 o B2/CR1/CF1
Turn: P3

B2/CR1/CF1 mean "Bet 3/ Cold Call 1/ Defends Blinds 0 and the o means new orbit. So this player who bet 3 times per orbit should expect me to play back if he ever tries to steal my blinds since that is what I put him on betting 3 times per orbit. And I would go for this blinds aswell if I was given the opportunity.

Ok, now im just rambling here. Thanks for the response schwza

The P3 on the turn means that he pushes 3 times btw

@MRShawn2U: I think you can just copy the notes in the notes.txt file to your other one on the other computer and voila.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:36 PM

excellent stuff. cheers
Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 AM

not sure. that is a little beyond my knowledge of computers. probably not likely.