Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Default WtSD% & W$SD% questions

I've played about 30k hands at shorthanded tables for a decent winrate (over 3bb/100). My WtSD% & W$SD% are 33.1% and 57.1% respectively.

How much of a tell are these stats to how well or bad you are running? Are they style and skill dependant to some degree? I've heard many times on here that 35%/55% or something close to that is ideal. How accurate is that?

Just looking for ways to evaluate my game. I don't want to start showing down a bunch more hands just to test this when I am winning a decent rate so far.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: WtSD% & W$SD% questions

W$SD% is a pretty good indicator of how well you're running. When looking at stats for an individual session, if I have run really badly it can be around 40%, if I've run really well it can be at 60+%.

WtSD% is dependant on your style of play, primarily, although it can be low if you're just not hitting flops. But generally it will remain fairly constant. People recommend this number to be around the mid to high 30's.

The best way to for you to see what is an average W$SD% for your WtSD% is to search for peoples stat posts and see how they went. Generally there is a tradeoff between the two numbers. I'd say your W$SD% seems pretty high and you're running very good, given you're getting to SD 33% of the time.

joop
Old 08-25-2005, 10:39 PM

I am really curious if this is accurate though. I am really trying to figure out what I should be showing down that I am not.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 AM

There is some amount of skill reflected in these stats. As you become a better hand reader, you will be better able to figure out when you are beat and fold in situations where others would pay off. You also will be able to figure out spots where your hand is good and call down that others would miss. So you will win more showdowns than a bad hand reader who goes to showdowns equally often.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:34 AM

That's what I was thinking. I think I will hold off looking for ways to change anything too drastically when I am winning over 3bb/100 4 tabling. I'll play another 20k hands as I am now and reevaluate.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:41 AM

Don't rely or take too much stock in stats. If you are playing well & making good decisions that is all that is important. Tight, aggressive play can yield a wide variety of stats. The important thing is review your play and make sure you are playing well & making the correct decisions time and again.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't rely or take too much stock in stats. If you are playing well & making good decisions that is all that is important. Tight, aggressive play can yield a wide variety of stats. The important thing is review your play and make sure you are playing well & making the correct decisions time and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I play my normal game I never ever make a decision that I dont think is correct. But of course I do a lot of misstakes.

Some of them are individual "bad play" misstakes, that is, misstakes in a hand that I later can analyze and see is a clear misstake. These misstakes are not easy to spot in your stats and u will find them if u just - as u say - "review your game".

But I also make a lot of what I would like to call habitual misstakes. Misstakes that I do every time a certain situation happens (not defending SB enough, slowplay on flop to much). Since I dont even know these misstakes are misstakes (then I wouldnt do them) there is no easy way to change them. Some of these misstakes are seen when you look at your own stats and compare with others.

You really should rely a lot on your own and others stats. They are excact pictures of how we have played up until now.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:20 AM

of course the wtsd and w$sd will be dependent on vpip. so don't get too bogged down. the only really significant stat is the BB/100. and people say that 3BB/100 is as good as there is 4 tabling 3/6. so kudos to you.