Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands ...

hand1:
capping pf is bad. I don't even open-raise this all of the time.
Rest of the hand is fine.

hand2:
Fold pf. I don't like check-raising this flop. UTG+1 leads the flop, he'll lead the turn as well. Check/call the flop, check/raise a later street if you make a hand. I'm not really a fan of check-raising a draw out of position.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Results

Thanks for all the great input.

H1:

He had AKo and rivered me. I guess he's not that good or solid. I think folding the turn was his best option. I capped pre-flop because he was running very very well. Made lots of hands in a short period of time. I think many players play a little (or a lot) more loose when they're running good like he was. But the concensus is to simply call the 3-bet and see what happens. I'm sure you guys are right. I got a little aggro [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

H2:

I think I should have capped the flop and bet the turn. He may have laid it down had I done that. Elsewise, my draw is monster ... so I think it's a good place to semi-bluff both streets. But the way I played it, I don't think I should have bet the river. I got caught up in the thought that he checked the turn. So I though I could bet the river and he'd fold. Bad timing and bad logic. He showed KK and took it down. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks again all.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands ...

-blind response-

hand 1 pf-
I don't think I like the cap here. Villain's range vs an ep raiser and a coldcaller has to have you pretty sufficiently covered. UTG + 1 isn't going anywhere, so just take a flop and see where you stand.

-flop-
I go for the checkraise on the flop, since UTG + 2 was the aggressor pf and you can face UTG + 1 with two cold here. You want him to fold out a raggedy A or K that can beat you later here.

leading the turn and check/calling the river seem ok to me.

-hand 2-

I fold pf becuase I'm not good at playing this hand against a good ep raiser oop. Putting in any kind of raise here would be an absolute disaster.

I like the flop since you have a strong draw with up to 14 outs. (9 clubs, 2 fives, and 3 tens), plus pairing the board can be good if villain has something crazy like A2s. Also, you're waaaay ahead if he doesn't have a J or an overpair.

turn and river look ok to me.

... but I suck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]