Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 PM

Default A couple of hands ...

Hand 1

UTG+2 appears solid - in that he has shown down several hands and has always had the goods. He's aggressive and I haven't seen him get out of line the since I sat down. He's also running very good. Catching cards. He's got about $160 in front of him. All others seem to be your standard LAPs and LAGs.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

hand 2

UTG+1 is the same guy as UTG+2 in hand 1. My flop check-raise was to trap the callers for an extra bet with my draw. Q1: Is this poor play considering I'm drawing to the 5th nut flush? Q2: Since UTG+1 3-bet and cleared the field (ugh -- not what I planned), should I have capped the flop and auto-bet the turn in attempt to get him to lay down his hand. I think my draw is excellent once he clears the field in that I doubt he has a flush draw and if I hit 2 pair or trips it's probably gonna be good.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated in both hands appreciated.

-DP
Old 09-28-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands ...

I don't like the preflop cap in hand 1. I would also probably bet the river.

Hand 2 I would check/fold the river.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:37 PM

hand 1 - against a "solid" player, I'm not capping KQo PF
rest of the streets are good

hand 2 - well played... I might toss this PF, but then again I'm folding in the blinds way too much.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold to a raise? We aren't ahead of alot of PF 3-betting hands on the river against a solid player.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:40 PM

Hand 1: Capping preflop is out of line. The rest is okay. If you just call the preflop 3-bet, you should probably go for a check-raise on the flop to knock out the third guy.

Hand 2: Fold preflop. Given that you're in, the flop is fine. I don't see the value in betting the river.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Hand 1: Capping preflop is awful. Rest of the hand's fine although i'd probably bet the river.

Hand 2: Don't think you should be betting that river. I'd check/call that river maybe check/fold not sure.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold to a raise? We aren't ahead of alot of PF 3-betting hands on the river against a solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

His line looks a lot like a pair smaller than queens or AK/AJ. Checking/calling here is far worse than bet/folding IMO as when he bets we are behind almost everytime. If he wants to see a showdown I think we should bet.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:48 PM

Hand 1:
Why cap with KQo against a solid player who 3-bet you? He's more than likely ahead of you now. Since you capped it... I think you played it fine post-flop. Alternatively you could have bet/folded the river.

Hand 2:
Slightly loose BB call with only two callers, but I'm sure others here would disagree with me. Good check-raise on the flop - don't worry about losing flush over flush. It's unlikely to lose flush over flush. If you led out with a bet, he often would make the field face two bets cold... the C/R gives you the best chance of keeping others in the hand and putting money in the pot.

Him checking the turn was odd... maybe he has QQ, KK, or KJ? That or he was way overplaying a flush draw on the flop.

There's very few hands you can beat here given the pre-flop and flop action, so I'd probably give it up on the river. However, that turn check really makes me think about bet-folding the river.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:14 PM

Hi DP,

Hand 1: The cap preflop is not the best plan. You mentioned that UTG2 appears solid AND you have a cold-caller in between. Not a great time to do so with KQo. Should your theory hold up, you will be behind to UTG2 plus UTG1 will not fold anyway. If he will cold-call two then, he'll cold-call two now. The rest of the hand seems fine.

Hand 2: The flop check-raise is fine. Although I would have bet out. You have a strong enough hand to do so and clearing up some overcards, should UTG1 raise, is not a bad thing at all. When he 3-bet though, this seems like you're way behind. Sure, your T or 5 outs seems clean, but you're probably going to have to hit your hand to win. I think you played it fine, especially the river bet. You are not going to survive a showdown and must get villain a chance to lay it down. Expect to lose to a pp.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Hand 1
Some people limp in with KQo UTG, however i personally like raising with it to try and knock out some ace rags depending on the texture of the game. Not too sure about the cap. I think flop, turn and river all fine.

Hand 2
Don't like the call in 1st place - you've gotta hit this flop pretty hard to feel good about your hand. As for protecting your hand you fail miserably. Think you should re(read) this section in SSH. You need to trap people for 2 bets not an extra bet, all you are doing here is increasing size of the pot for people to stay in till later streets and draw out on you. As for the river, you're giving you're opponent 9.25-1 to call your bet here, which after you checked the turn showing weakness he's prob gonna do most of the time.