Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Who played this hand worst?

And who played it best? Comments appreciated on all streets.

Cutoff is one of the better players I've seen, but he's not great. Button I haven't seen before, but he's short stacked and seems weak. I raised 2 of the last 3 hands pre-flop and ended up winning without showdown both times.

I'm trying hard not to get sucked in, but also play agressive. The table loose and very agressive.

Thanks,

-DP

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Who played this hand worst?

[ QUOTE ]

Cutoff is one of the better players I've seen, but he's not great. Button I haven't seen before, but he's short stacked and seems weak. I raised 2 of the last 3 hands pre-flop and ended up winning without showdown both times.

I'm trying hard not to get sucked in, but also play agressive. The table loose and very agressive.

Thanks,

-DP

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say who played the hand the best without knowing the results.

Per your play:

Cap preflop.

On the flop, I know that the pot is big, but why on earth did you call 2 bets cold with an Ace high? Yes, you are getting 8:1, but you are probably drawing very thin.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

-DP

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say who played the hand the best without knowing the results.

Per your play:

Cap preflop.

On the flop, I know that the pot is big, but why on earth did you call 2 bets cold with an Ace high? Yes, you are getting 8:1, but you are probably drawing very thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree preflop. On the flop he's getting 11 to 1 if noone 3 bets, say ~9.5 to 1 for the times someone reraises. He's got ~4 outs so it's not terrible, I probably wouldn't make the call though.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:00 PM

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Button raises, SB folds, Hero folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

CO had AQo
Button had Th7h

Why didn't I didn't cap pre-flop? I'm out of position and capping would obligate me to bet the flop.

Why did I call 2 cold on the flop? I thought my overcards might be good and I thought I had as many as 6 outs to improve.

Why did I fold the turn? Now I think I may be drawing dead. I'm getting about 8.5 to 1.

Why did I post this hand? I don't know if I ccould have played it differently. Maybe I'm being results orienced. I certainly wasn't happy about the outcome.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:05 PM

This is micro-limit.

Anyway, capping preflop is easy. You give up way too much in these games where your opponents are playing terribly preflop. You have a huge equity edge against their range of hands and must cap preflop to exploit it. Your thinking is really off for a 1/2 game.

You're lucky CO didn't 3-bet the flop.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 PM

this hand was funny when i saw the result [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] maybe i should open an acounton paradise [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

cap it preflop and i would lead w my overcards on the flop the i would check/flod this turn thinking im drawing dead.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Micro-Limit forum, please.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:36 PM

Hi Dicey,

[ QUOTE ]
And who played it best?

[/ QUOTE ] Hero: Preflop raise is natural. Not capping pf is fine, with four players after you. Although suited, I would naturally cap, not for any technical reasons other than it's pretty to look at. Your hand is done by the flop. Bad call. Yes, I know, you have 6 outs to improve. Who said your ace outs were any good?

CO: Regarding his pf reraise, it would depend on how he views your raise and if he will be able to isolate. If his reasons were to isolate you, it was a bad move also. If he were to your immediate left, it would have made more sense. I see him as a lag more than a skilled player. His flop bet made no sense whatsoever. Good turn bet after the stupid flop bet, didn't work either though.

Button: Bad call preflop. Great raise on the flop. Even better raise on the turn to represent the 9. But not following up with a river bet is catastrophic. That's the only chance he'd win.

Who played it worst? It was a close running between the three of you, but the button has my vote. Super bad call pf, redeemed himself with the flop raise, took initiative with the turn raise, f'd it up without the river bet. If he weren't going to bet the river, he shouldn't have raised the turn. Clear example of having position and not knowing what to do with it.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:52 PM

Some of you guys are so full of yourselves, it's funny. I wasn't aware this limit belongs in microlimit - for taht I'm sorry. But I doubt I'd get any valuable responses there anyhow. I get few good response here (and I do appreciate them). Mostly just people like you who think they're so good and know so much more than others. You guys can't even post until you see the results. Buffoons who don't realize limits can play at all levels of tight/loose/passive/aggressive at times. Do you guys just have default play and that's it? Cap pre-flop in 1/2 no matter your position or who re-raised? Idiots and Morons ... that's what I think of you.

The 14 levels range from .01/.02 to 15/30

dumasses.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:10 PM

No one said anything to get upset about here. It is a forum convention to post 1/2 hands in the micro forum, why does that offend you?

Also, I'm not really sure what you were trying to show with that screenshot. If your 5/10 hands are from 10 handed games you're playing too loose and you're definitely not raising enough. You're probably defending your BB too much, but this is only 2k hands so it's all farily moot. Anyway, I see that in non-5/10 games you're down $65 in 9k hands, maybe filter next time you're trying to impress people.