Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Theory about online cashouts

I played at absolute poker a few months ago and I did pretty well at first, winning 243 dollars the first time I cashed out playing 10 dollar sit n go's mostly. After i cashed out i tryed again to build my bankroll up the same way and it seemed that i was always caught in bad situations, QQ vs KK all the time, took horrible beats, QQ losing to Q3 off and the guy getting four flush cards. I also seemed to see the quality of my starting hands go down. i read on the internet somewhere that absolute poker is run by crooks who totally screw you every time you try to cash out, that the same thing happened ti him. I saw something similar to this at pokerstars. Is this a reasonable concern/theory or am I just buying into a myth.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Theory about online cashouts

First time I hear about the cash out myth. Did I ever tell you about my friend that was robbed but the thieves left a camera and a tooth brush behind?

Everyone knows online poker is ridged and that is what makes it fun.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Your buying into a myth. The reason your going to get flamed is because about once a week or so we get a new post about the "cashout curse. The sites have no reason to cheat. They make plenty of money running an honest game.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 AM

I think you assumed the wrong definition of "theory" for this forum.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 03:24 AM

I've played on Absolute for about a year now. I have had many ups and downs, but over all i have shown great profit from the site. I see other regular players on the site, that are constantly winning. Just watch the tournament leader board everyweek, you'll see the same players at the top very often.
If your losing, you must be honest with yourself and figure out what you are doing wrong. If I start a small losing streak, I will often take a break from poker(3days to a week) During this time I evaluate my game, and study the game of poker. When I come back I play at the top of my skill and usually end my losing streak. Hope this helps
Old 09-19-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Theory about online cashouts

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum. You're looking for the 2+2 forum that deals with subjects not commonly embraced by other forums. That would be Other Other Topics. They'll be nicer to you than the people here.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason your going to get flamed is because about once a week or so we get a new post about the "cashout curse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaeser, that's not true. A week is seven days and my RigTracker shows 8.5 days inclusive of all forums. My apologizies if you're looking at the data from an earlier version. Upgrade! It's free.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nervous: Do you always repeat what others say? I have a friend who does this. I say something like, "The website appears to be down." and he responds by saying, "The website appears to be down." "Have you checked?"

[ QUOTE ]
Just watch the tournament leader board everyweek, you'll see the same players at the top very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't this somewhere in Rounders, WhiteAsian69, or whatever your name is? Now that I think about it, wasn't there an adult movie called WhiteAsian69? I might be confused, but I don't feel like hitting the back button to see your name. Sorry.

Whew....

Onaflag..........
Old 09-19-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you always repeat what others say? I have a friend who does this. I say something like, "The website appears to be down." and he responds by saying, "The website appears to be down." "Have you checked?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 04:42 AM

Oh, and

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a cockjockey

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-19-2005, 07:54 PM

Sounds like you just hit a bad stretch of cards after you cashed out. No reason to start slaming poker sites. Besides they make hundreds of thousands of dollars a day in rake. There is no reason for them to rig hands and risk fines and jail time. Also...

[ QUOTE ]
i read on the internet somewhere that absolute poker is run by crooks who totally screw you every time you try to cash out, that the same thing happened ti him. I saw something similar to this at pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was probably some douche bag that didn't know what he was talking about. In all honesty most people on the internet don't know what they're talking about.