Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Default $109 Questions

I am considering a move to the $109's as I've been able to build the old BR playing $50's and various MTT's. Problem is, I have not been playing the $50's very long and I'm not sure I'm ready for $100's. While I am winning at the $50's my sample size is not large enough to mention. My observation so far is that the play at the $50's has not been incrementally tougher than the $30's, and while the general play is better, one can still be +EV playing steller bubble and sucking out occasionally. I am looking for any considerations when making this move, OTHER than, just take a stab when your feeling good and running well.

Thanks all

J
Old 11-14-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: $109 Questions

[ QUOTE ]
I am considering a move to the $109's as I've been able to build the old BR playing $50's and various MTT's. Problem is, I have not been playing the $50's very long and I'm not sure I'm ready for $100's. While I am winning at the $50's my sample size is not large enough to mention. My observation so far is that the play at the $50's has not been incrementally tougher than the $30's, and while the general play is better, one can still be +EV playing steller bubble and sucking out occasionally. I am looking for any considerations when making this move, OTHER than, just take a stab when your feeling good and running well.

Thanks all

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Move up when you are sure you will make money not when you have the roll necessarily. Play more $50s.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks all

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a dick at all, but you asked for advice so I'm going to give what I deem to be the best advice. After reading a bunch of your posts I feel like you still have a lot to learn. You are on the right track with some things and the wrong one with others. Keep posting, studying, and playing at the 55's and I'm sure you'll be ready to move up soon. I just wouldn't say you are yet.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:38 PM

Point well taken. Especially the part of my "other posts" as they are not always reflective of the rigor, effort, or thought process I go through. Further, most of my posts are rude and idiotic. I need to work on that. Thanks for your feedback, and I agree, keep grinding the $50's until I feel like I did playing $20's & 30's.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:00 PM

for god's sake, play a few of the next level up and see how it goes.

[censored].

c
Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM

I tried this. I ended up with a -30% ROI over 50 tournaments and concluded that your idea sucks.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:13 PM

freemoney wins every 109 so you shouldn't play those at all
Old 11-14-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried this. I ended up with a -30% ROI over 50 tournaments and concluded that your idea sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry you dropped 15 buyins. want a tissue?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:32 PM

someone needs a peice of ass.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for god's sake, play a few of the next level up and see how it goes.

[censored].

c

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the method I've always used. it's been good to me. I am guessing I would have never convinced a backer or the 2+2 community at large that I was a winning 55er, but I am.

My plan is to just set aside $1500 or something and take a stab in the next few weekends at the 109s. If it sucks, then I'll move back to the 55s for a while.

Does this sound very extreme for someone with only 500 55s or so under their belt? Maybe to some, but not to me.

I am all for getting out of the kiddie pool and taking some shots as long as they're well planned and can be kept under control when they go badly. Because if they go well, well now you're all nice and moved up. Ok then.