Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Default A6s and middle pair, raggedy board

SB is 13/7
BB is 88/4
CO is 9/3/1.6

This is CO's second pfr in 40 hands.

My thinking here is that if I get raised by CO, we are protectecting our hand from some draws, and might be able to reverse dominate CO, and we just might have the best hand here. Is this crazy?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> PokerRoom Converter at BonusHunting.net

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>
Old 11-12-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: A6s and middle pair, raggedy board

Because the CO is so tight preflop I think you will be behind more often; also I think is hard to make it heads up with him with this bet hoping for him to raise. I think i would have just checked and called 1 bet hoping to improve in the turn.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:18 PM

*grunch*

you do not really want to find a A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn, so you are protecting very few outs, actually. Probably no more than 3 or 3.5. When CO really raises so few hands, you are only ahead of AK at the moment. Check/call is not an option with these few outs. So I agree with the bet, hope he raises. If there is a reraise I would get away from the hand immediately.
I wouldn't do the same trick on the turn though but check/fold UI. Especially when you have cold-callers. You might be reverse dominated yourself if you hit an A then.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 PM

The only problem is that this dude doesnt seem like the kind of guy whos gonna raise you with "just overs". But I like your reasoning behind your play because this is the only way to protect your hand...

BTW, you mentioned he'd only raised twice in his 40 hands, did he show any of them down?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:20 PM

You have a maximum of 5 outs. 2 of them are not clean. So I think there is no way to check/call. Even with callers in front of you I would either bet out or check/fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a maximum of 5 outs. 2 of them are not clean. So I think there is no way to check/call. Even with callers in front of you I would either bet out or check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ] I think the check call can be done but not always; it needs something to give us odds for instance when he bets and all call.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem is that this dude doesnt seem like the kind of guy whos gonna raise you with "just overs".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about this after. And if he has AA, then I'm the one being dominated...Nevertheless, tiny sample size.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, you mentioned he'd only raised twice in his 40 hands, did he show any of them down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I didn't see any of them. he won ~40% at SD.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Then the probability that at least one of them is on a flush draw increases a lot and that reduces your outs. And you can't draw at three outs in this pot, I think, with a very tight preflop raiser. Even if all call you only get 8.5:1 and even with implied odds a call to 3-4 outs is -EV imo.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM

If youre planning on calling, you might as well bet out on the flop and hope to get better hands to fold(ie J9 or something)
Old 11-12-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If youre planning on calling, you might as well bet out

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't plan on calling though.