Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-12-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Pocket Kings and no clue at all

I seriously had no idea at all of how to play this, but I'm pretty sure what I did was pretty bad. Any ideas for next time?

The CO was 39/23/3.27 over 75 hands, and the button was 31/16/1.43 over 30 hands.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

My thoughts on the flop checkraise were that the pot is really big, it was checked through to the button, and maybe there's a tiny chance I can get a weak ace to fold here. In retrospect, though, this seems like a stretch.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

On the turn, my thoughts were, screw it, I'm beaten.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 11-12-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Pocket Kings and no clue at all

There is still a chance that you have the best hand. I like the flop check-raise when a late position bets. However if you do it i believe you have to bet the turn, as the last money you put in unimproved - fold to a raise.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:15 PM

Nasty....I dont know

Getting 18:1, I'm calling the flop w/ my two outter
Old 11-12-2005, 04:25 PM

I like checking this on the flop, but not necessarily raising when it comes back to you. You're fold equity is tiny in a huge pot -- any ace is calling even for two bets. I don't think you're ahead often enough against two opponents to call to showdown. I check/call, check/fold UI.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:40 PM

I would have check/fold the flop in a second. Ace hits and 3 guys being aggressive this is going to cost you a lot and your probebly already behind
Old 11-12-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is still a chance that you have the best hand. I like the flop check-raise when a late position bets. However if you do it i believe you have to bet the turn, as the last money you put in unimproved - fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have bet the turn if only the button had called. But when the CO just called the two bets, I figured it wasn't worth it. If you're willing to call two small bets on the flop, why would you fold to one big bet on the turn? Still, I guess stranger things have happened. Anyone else like leading the turn?

As far as my chances of having the best hand, when I got two callers I figured they were nearly zero.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:47 PM

i have this problem a lot, with KK/QQ and such, if an Ace is on the board and someone bets, i almost always fold, or i check/fold if i play first. it's just because SO MANY people play ace-rag at these limits.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with KK/QQ and such, if an Ace is on the board and someone bets, i almost always fold

[/ QUOTE ]

You might not want to do this always.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:40 PM

This hand sucks donkey balls.
It reminds me how much I spew chips OOP to maniacs.

EDIT: FWIW I play it the same.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:02 PM

I think I would check-call the flop. It's very likely that one of them has an ace, but you're getting odds to peel. Just hope you don't get check-raised.

On the turn, I don't like seeing the donkbet after the coldcall. Do you have a read on aggro CO? I think a fold is pretty safe unless CO is known to be bluffy.