Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 99.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:14 PM

I think you should bet the pot on this flop. To coordinated and less likely to get a fold with the that bet.

River is fine against someone you think can fold but I probably make it 10 instead of 8. I think 10 and 12 accomplish the same thing so you can save 2 bucks by betting 10. I really feel the 8 bet get's called more often, maybe it's a psychological thing with it being only a single digit bet.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:41 PM

I play it the same, except I bet maybe $10 on the river. Most opponents will have a J or worse and lay down.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:57 PM

I dont like the river bet. Only j10 and jq might fold, and the rest of his jacks just made two pair. Granted he didnt bet the river, so his likelihood of two pair goes way down. The only better hands that fold this river are j10 and jq, and even then, sometimes players like to look you up when you check behind on the turn. He will fold his missed gutshots and then you dont get to see his hand and learn more about him. I dont like this, I check behind and concede the pot to a jack.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the pot on this flop. To coordinated and less likely to get a fold with the that bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a PSB do that my $3.50 didn't? Psychological thing?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM

"Protects" your "overpair/set" more. On a super draw heavy board I typically bet close to the pot on the flop when I have a hand I want to protect. Villian may view the bet as showing that you don't find your hand all that great since you aren't protecting your hand as much. Of course I vary my flop bet sizes, but in general on this type of flop I am more apt to pot it.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 AM

Bet the turn and expect a fold. The long hesitation is nearly always extreme weakness. If you happen to be behind, you at least have outs on the turn. On the river a bluff won't have that bonus equity, nor can you expect much of a payoff if you suckout.

I don't see much point in betting the river. The general rule of thumb is to consider a bluff if you cannot win by checking, and there is no reason to believe that you can't showdown a winner here.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Protects" your "overpair/set" more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely ever pot flops, with or without a set or overpair. It'll usually kill the action a 2/3rd PSB might give me, and it's nearly always enough to give them incorrect odds.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn and expect a fold. The long hesitation is nearly always extreme weakness. If you happen to be behind, you at least have outs on the turn. On the river a bluff won't have that bonus equity, nor can you expect much of a payoff if you suckout.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good.

[ QUOTE ]
The general rule of thumb is to consider a bluff if you cannot win by checking, and there is no reason to believe that you can't showdown a winner here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly am I beating here?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:59 PM

76, 54, A8, 55, etc
Old 10-06-2005, 07:01 PM

i've generally found the flop bet, turn check, river bet to have very very low folding equity.