Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Rate my rivers...

..out of ten.

1. BB is a regular, LilJo_N_Brit, 45/24. Usually fairly straightforward, but seems to tilt a bit. She could be on an angry tilt against me since I pulled off a pretty thin value bet against her, and has played fairly aggressively against me since then.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

2. Button is 49/10 is all I know.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

3. Button is loose, 43/19, a lil passive but not stupid. Preflop limp is unlikely to be a monster.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 09-15-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Rate my rivers...

Hand 1: Fine given the read.

Hand 2: Tempted to bet the flop, but I like how you played it.

Hand 3: How much folding equity do we have on a river bet? Are we folding A/K's? I think c/c is the worst line.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:50 AM

I also really don't like c/c on 3. I don't know how this game plays, but would he value bet a Q or worse here?

EDIT: Also, as someone else said, if we're putting one bet in on the river, I hate to be doing it with a call. The only time this is good is, as I alluded to above, you have a read that he'll stone-cold bluff on the river, but fold to a bet.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also really don't like c/c on 3. I don't know how this game plays, but would he value bet a Q or worse here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2005, 08:00 AM

Id prefer bet/fold on the turn instead of inducing a bluff with Q high in hand 1.

hand 2 looks like a classic slowplay to me i call the raise, he either has 55 or some kind of boat I mean what idiot would give a freecard on that flop.

ehh I dont know about the preflop raise from SB in hand 3 I mean look at the trouble you are forced into here calling with Q high.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 AM

i like hand 1, all i have to say about that.

i 3bet the river in hand 2. villain representing a boat but he shouldnt have it often enough to make 3betting wrong. him checking a set on the flop with all those gutshots is pretty silly.

hand 3 is a truly gutsy river call. its very intriguing. i dont think betting is the appropriate line. unless youve seen villain fold the river after calling the flop and turn before, i dont think you will get him to fold a better hand. he will also probably check down K/A high and therefore you save a bet against these hands. for him to bet represents a strong possibility that he doesnt hold an A or K, so there is a good chance he was just chasing a gutshot or some nonsense.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:17 AM

I like all of these. Hand 3 is very likely IMO to either be a pair that was waiting till the river or a missed gutshot or other silly draw. It absolutely sucks when he "bluffs" K-high on the end.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:08 PM

1. I think itīs pretty rare that he just check-calls a flushdraw on the flop and I dont see many other hands that you can beat. maybe JT or such with a heart, but I think you are behind too often to call at 4.25:1.

2) I dont 3bet the river. I dont see how that card should have helped him, so he either has some slowplay which I dont like my chances against or some total BS, XcXc though Iīd image he would pop that on the turn more often if he wanted to bluff at it.

3) I always complete here, is that a leak?
I dont think my equity is that great and you can get people to make pretty large errors after the flop when keeping the popsize smaller.

I think he has plenty of straightdraw hands that missed to call the river if you check.

Betting may fold Kx, but I dont think he gets to the river unless itīs Kdxd, meaning he had a backdoor and his Kx probably canīt be bigger than K6, since K7 would have paired and the higher ones I think he would open with.
So thats 3 hands. Since the pot is 6BB, he would have to bet a hand you beat 6 times as often as he has Kxd and folds to make check-calling better.
There are lots of offsuit hands among his straightdraw range, so I dont think that will be a problem.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:32 PM

I wish you were getting better than 4:1 in #1, but it's enough that I think this is a call.

In #2 I wouldn't cap, but I'd 3-bet and call one, which you did. I can't see playing this any other way.

In #3 you're getting better odds than in #1, but, you know, I don't know why but it doesn't feel right (maybe because the flop didn't start paired), and I'd dump it.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:28 PM

I think hand 1 is ok, but I would probably prefer betting the turn.

Hand 2 I would 3bet preflop, as well as the river.

Hand 3 what are you beating besides 89? I cant figure out what a guy with a PFR with 19 would be open limping with on the button but I guess 89 is possible. I still probably check/fold.