Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Driver wanted in Road Rage incident - has \"Respect Life\" tagged on car

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...80/detail.html

sorry...just too damned funny for words...

[ QUOTE ]
The assailant's vehicle was described as a tan or gold Toyota Corolla with "V6" on the trunk lid and possible a "Respect Life" license plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez...whoulda thought the pro-life agenda was full of people who would do violence to others....I mean besides the usual stalking of doctors, women, and threats of violence, not to mention their usual duplicity in protecting the unborn while not giving a [censored] about anyone who doesn't share their particular brand of faith or who may have been convicted of a crime they didn't commit and sentenced to death row.

In fact, after the child is born ,they seem content to let it live in poverty and squalid conditions while defunding federal programs that could help.

But hey, as long as kids aren't having EDUCATED, PROTECTED sex, cause that would be BAD, right? - better not educate them at all or inform them of how to make the deed safer. Then it's easier to point the finger.

In the end, I'm glad they got an ID on the suspect - we need to get terrorists like that off the streets..

RB
Old 11-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Driver wanted in Road Rage incident - has \"Respect Life\" tagged on

I just can't believe it... Must have been a stolen car! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Driver wanted in Road Rage incident - has \"Respect Life\" tagged on

[ QUOTE ]
I mean besides the usual stalking of doctors, women, and threats of violence, not to mention their usual duplicity in protecting the unborn while not giving a [censored] about anyone who doesn't share their particular brand of faith or who may have been convicted of a crime they didn't commit and sentenced to death row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Nobody who opposes abortion opposes the death penalty. Well, except I remember Pat Robertson criticizing the death penalty a few years ago. But he is nutcase who says horrible things, so I am sure you disagree with his stand.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:41 AM

that would be interesting if he said it...since it goes contrary to his stance on executions and so forth.

In fact, given his record, I would say your "recollection" or "hearsay" is probably wrong - don't suppose you have a shread of documentation to defend yourself, do you?

Of course not - here - let me get some for you...

He did come out against the death penalty IF the person converted to Christianity - LOL - apparently converting to Islam in prison is still grounds for execution.

[ QUOTE ]
Then recently Robertson, who heads the Christian Coalition, spoke out even more forcefully against capital punishment, to the surprise and delight of some death penalty opponents. During a program on clemency in New York in February, Robertson said that, while he still believed capital punishment should be used for unreformed "vicious killers," he favored allowances for mercy for those who have had "a genuine change of heart."

Some conservatives downplayed the significance of Robertson’s apparent about face. Death penalty opponents, though, heralded his stance as a remarkable shift, and, given Robertson’s wide influence, expressed hopes that he would eventually call for the abolition of capital punishment in all cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, I don't know what's worse - defending McCarthy to defend your point or defending Pat Robertson....LOL - Not to fear...I'm sure when good people come up to the electric chair who aren't outspoken Christians Pat will be conserving his energy use to ensure every spare volt will be used to fry the bastard.

RB