Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Not a true stat post, but general PT sample size questions...

My sample size is less than microscopic right now, and I know that win rate etc are useless (I can literally watch it change if I win or lose a large pot)

However, since I got PT, my VPIP and my PFR have remained completely static. From my first 100 hands to right now, (only 1100 hands...I said this is NOT a stat post really, so don't hate!) it has not budged a digit from 21/8.

My aggression is also much lower than the FAQ says it usually should be for the 2+2 crowd...is this ok because I am in nano-limits or does this number take a while to 'converge'?

I don't know how much AF varies, but I did notice that my VPIP/PFR are too tight and have not even varied one number, so I am thinking either I am just incredibly static or these numbers converge quickly, and I am playing too tight.

I'm not looking for an overdetailed analysis or anything, but is this anything to worry about right now, or should I not really worry until I hit 20k hands or more (I know its 50k at least for winrate)

What are the first things I can begin looking at as I accumulate more hands? I don't know when each stat begins to converge, so I don't know when to check-up on the stats that should be getting into some sort of accurate range.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Not a true stat post, but general PT sample size questions...

It sounds like your stats are reasonable. Keep posting, reviewing hands, and reading SSH over and over. Your aggression and preflop % will go up on their own. The nanolimits also play slightly differently as there are many more family pots (even at the river) than there will be when you move up, so this probably skews aggression and preflop raise %.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Not a true stat post, but general PT sample size questions...

[ QUOTE ]
but I did notice that my VPIP/PFR are too tight and have not even varied one number, so I am thinking either I am just incredibly static or these numbers converge quickly, and I am playing too tight.

I'm not looking for an overdetailed analysis or anything, but is this anything to worry about right now, or should I not really worry until I hit 20k hands or more (I know its 50k at least for winrate)

[/ QUOTE ]

you are not playing to tight. for a beginner, 21 is too loose if anything. 8% pf is very good for a beginner...eventually you will get it up to the 10-12 neighborhood. vpip and pfr converge fairly quickly, so you are likely playing a 21/8 style right now. the pfr number will take longer to come up, because the distance from 8 to 12 is in large part covered by late position raises and isolation raises. its possible that the situations for these raises have been few and far between (depending on the games you play in) but it is also true that because you are only in late position for a small number of your total hands, the effect of those lp raises takes a while to be visible in the overall pfr stat. does that make sense?

look at your positional vpip/pfr numbers in pt...you should see a nice increase in both vp and pfr from early to late position (as you get more hands - currently you only have about 100 hands in each position...)

as for aggression... don't worry about it so much. i don't know how long it takes to converge but trying to get that number over 2 is arbitrary...look at the situations you find yourself in and think about whether aggression is warranted and why.

so. i guess, don't worry about it...
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]