Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Default 15/30: 65o multiway

Party 15/30 and 10 players: I have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB.

EP (unknown) limps. MP (unknown) raises. Passive Fish calls from CO. LAG calls on the button. I call as does the EP.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to the raiser and he checks. Fish checks. LAG bets and I raise. All call.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check. Unknowns check. Fish bets. LAG raises and I fold.

Postflop comments?

I thought my Flop CR might get gutshots to fold, since they don't have odds, but perhaps that's giving them too much credit. Also, I've found I can often buy a free card from EP by CR'ing and then checking the Turn.

Anybody call the Turn?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 15/30: 65o multiway

I think the flop play is OK although I think there's a case for calling or even betting out. On the turn 13 BB in the pot and the Fish will at least call. If others call cold you know that there's a higher chance that you're drawing dead to the some diamonds. Here's what I consider:

1) Hands that LAG might have?

2) Hands Fish might have?

3) Will Fish hit it again on the turn?

Looks like the King helped Fish or he had a hand already but I think it's more likely he spiked a King FWIW.

LAG looks like he can beat a King but he didn't 3 bet on the flop. My take is that he'd like to make it expensive to draw out. FWIW looks like your draw is at least fairly live. I'd call in this situation but could be convinced otherwise because I don't think the Fish is going to hit it again.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 PM

i don't play 15/30 so i'd love to hear an explanation on why you would call 65o against a raise in a multiway hand that doesn't appear to at least be a steal of some kind [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Hero is getting 9.5:1 Preflop, but thats still not enough for me to call. Maybe a really really good postflop player can eek out some EV in the long run.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:11 PM

Anyone care to attempt the fair share equity? I'd be interest in finding the line. If you don't call with 9.7 to 1, then what does it take for you to call?

It's easy to get away from the hand without hitting something big. And certainly easy to outplay folks postflop.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:34 PM

what odds do you need to draw to an OESD with a pair on the turn?

EDIT: How many outs do we count this hand to have?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:46 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

call me crazy, but i bet this turn:

1)good bluff card, pf raiser does not HAVE to have a K
2)you have outs to improve(though some possibly tainted)
3)you stay in control of the hand in what has become a large pot; that is your flop and turn play are more consistent. you can still be representing a big hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:15 PM

This is from your 2/4 player who was looking to pick up tips from the replies...but why did you fold on the turn? I don't think there's any way that LAG has a set, because he would threebet the flop. If he had a set there's no reason why he doesn't threebet, given the fact that everyone will call his threebet. I think him just calling your raise eliminates that possibility, which means you have 10 outs (4 3's, 4 8's, 2 6's) to take down this pot. The pot is at 13 BB when it's raised to you, so you have 6.5/1 to call, assuming the LAG doesn't threebet. With your 10 outs you've got 4.5/1. How come you folded? Enlighten the petty 2/4 player.