Lol, lol lol lol lol..........

Ahahah ahaha hahah ahahah

That is all.

(5 on th AP test in like 2000)
Old 04-10-2005, 05:10 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Question for Catholics

[ QUOTE ]
I understand your attitude regarding pedophiles and the church, but the church to my knowledge isn't currently "killing/persecuting anyone who tries to use another (religion)". there was a lot of corruption in the church back in the day, don't get me wrong, I've taken the AP euro course. But how are they now attempting to promote the killing of followers of other religions?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the Nazis all of a sudden started a goodwill campaign you'd look past all that they've done in the past and use this same argument, right?

Not to mention, I guess we'll just conveniently ignore the pedophilia bit. Like most catholics seem to do. That is, unless it's their kid that gets touched.

b
Old 04-10-2005, 06:30 PM

That's incredibly offensive.

It is not the Pope's fault that there is pedophilia in the church.

Imo, It is partly because of the celibacy rule that some priests turn to this disgusting practice.

But let's face it. The Pope has been out of it for much of the past few years. He developed Parkinson's and his mind started to go.

I blame the Cardinals but not the Pope.

There is no easy remedy for this problem. But the Catholic church has done so much good for so many people. They are on the forefront of combatting world hunger and so many other important issues.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's incredibly offensive

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is incredibly offensive that the church did that in their past.

[ QUOTE ]
It is not the Pope's fault that there is pedophilia in the church

[/ QUOTE ]

I blame much more than just the pope for that. The catholic church hiearchy. Especially the tolerance for it that has been shown not only by the church itself but the followers.

[ QUOTE ]
Imo, It is partly because of the celibacy rule that some priests turn to this disgusting practice

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains pregnant and raped nuns, maybe, not pedophilia. This is like saying being gay you're more likely to be a pedophile. Please. Don't even insinuate that it's only because of celibacy that this was widespread.

[ QUOTE ]
But the Catholic church has done so much good for so many people. They are on the forefront of combatting world hunger and so many other important issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, africa thanks them, Im sure. They've done a wonderful job addressing AIDS issue there.

What other important issues are they really combatting?

b
Old 04-10-2005, 11:49 PM

You know, I'm Jewish, so maybe I'm not the person you should be addressing these questions to. Perhaps I shouldn't have even replied to this thread considering that I'm not Catholic.

Maybe vulturesrow can answer your post better.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Haven\'t Been Here in Awhile......

.....some things nver change. I can say unequivocally, that even in Trooba, you're still a huge eff'ing dick
Old 04-11-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, I'm Jewish, so maybe I'm not the person you should be addressing these questions to. Perhaps I shouldn't have even replied to this thread considering that I'm not Catholic.

Maybe vulturesrow can answer your post better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead,

Thanks for at least partially sticking up for the Catholic church. As for Bernie's post, I can answer them pretty simply. First off, I am assuming that he is referring to the Inquisition. Lots of misunderstanding on that period in history, mixed in with dose of anti-Catholic bigotry. I am not denying that the were wrongs committed, but it hardly invalidates the Church as a whole. As for the pedophilia thing, that was just about an exclusively American phenomena, which speaks more to the state of American culture than anything else in my opinion. I do agree that those members of the Church hierarchy that attempted to cover things were wrong. AGain, it hardly invalidates the Church as an institution, in spite of Bernie's lame Nazi analogy.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:59 AM

[censored], I didn't even see the Nazi analogy.

That IS really offensive, Bernie.

Comparing the Catholic church to a bunch of Nazis is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I am assuming that he is referring to the Inquisition. Lots of misunderstanding on that period in history, mixed in with dose of anti-Catholic bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Misunderstanding? Even the crusades, huh? Just a misunderstanding that people were murdered because of a heretical thought or opposing belief. ok.

i guess it really wasn't that big a deal, huh?

The nazi comparison is comparable. Many people have died because of religious differences in the name of the catholic church and/or christianity itself. Note the wonderful vatican also showed support for the nazis. After all, they were killing followers of a 'competing' religion.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the pedophilia thing, that was just about an exclusively American phenomena, which speaks more to the state of American culture than anything else in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well then it's perfectly fine how the church has handled that then...

Please keep giving them money. They need it for better lawyers.

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree that those members of the Church hierarchy that attempted to cover things were wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This includes the vatican. Front and center.

They thank you for your support.

b
Old 04-11-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That IS really offensive, Bernie.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be offensive to followers of the church what the church has done. It should be so offensive that no one should ever give another dime to them.

[ QUOTE ]
Comparing the Catholic church to a bunch of Nazis is one of the dumbest things I've ever read

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever even read what the church did in the past? Including when the nazis were in power? The nazis weren't the first ones to try genocide on a grand scale.

b