Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Cursing Filter Changes

I had a chat with Mat last night. I know that he is pretty tough on those who purposely go out of their way to get around the cursing filter.

Since the upgrade, there are a lot more words which are not filtered. This was just a simple error, not intentional, and Chuck is working on it as we speak.

As far as those who intentionally try to get around the filter by injecting characters or numerals into a word, I have had the attitude that if the word was being used non-harmfully (not against any other poster), I would cut the OP a little slack. If the word was being used harmfully or maliciously to put down another poster, the post would either be deleted entirely and the poster warned, or the poster would be given a suspension or banning, depending on how serious the offense seemed to be.

Following my chat with Mat last night, I will keep to my previous leeway of those attempting to circumvent the filter until Chuck has finished with his upgrades. After that, I will post a list of words that are censored, post a list of words which can be used in a non-harmful way, and then change the FAQ.

Depending on circumstances I will either give leeway to the poster without a warning, with a warning, with a suspension, or with a banning.

If a word is ever used to directly assault another poster, with harmful intentions, both a deletion and suspension or banning will occur, even on the first offense. These actions will be discussed among the moderators and Mat, although I have been given free reign on this matter.

I did not make these rules, I am simply assigned to enforce them, and feel I have been more than fair thus far.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Cursing Filter Changes

What a bunch of

(Member given 3-day suspension for repeated cursing)
Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a bunch of

[/ QUOTE ]
What a bunch of

(Member banned permanently for duplicate account and repeated cursing)
Old 11-10-2005, 06:11 PM

I for one strongly support Felicia in her efforts. I urge others to do the same. I believe people who use offensive language in a negative manner towards other users have no place in this forum, or anywhere for that matter.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I for one strongly support Felicia in her efforts. I urge others to do the same. I believe people who use offensive language in a negative manner towards other users have no place in this forum, or anywhere for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

says Wintermute's third username.....
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
says Wintermute's third username.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, he certainly keeps us on our toes, if nothing else.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Following my chat with Mat last night, I will keep to my previous leeway of those attempting to circumvent the filter until Chuck has finished with his upgrades. After that, I will post a list of words that are censored, post a list of words which can be used in a non-harmful way, and then change the FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all the censored words will appear in a posted list why are they censored at all? Anyone on the forum can always see them by going to the FAQ, so it isn't to protect us from this vulgarity? Seems a bit silly to me. This is a forum about gambling, so shouldn't everyone here be at least old enough to get into R movies? I think we are all adult enough to handle the occasional swear or name calling session IMHO.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If all the censored words will appear in a posted list why are they censored at all? Anyone on the forum can always see them by going to the FAQ, so it isn't to protect us from this vulgarity? Seems a bit silly to me. This is a forum about gambling, so shouldn't everyone here be at least old enough to get into R movies? I think we are all adult enough to handle the occasional swear or name calling session IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course they will not be listed as-is in the FAQ, but there will be a clear indication of what they are.

The filter censor is not my rule, it is the rule of 2+2. It was here long before I was around.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Fucnniest post ever, I am actually laughing out loud. Thank you for the car, I mean for the laugh.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a bunch of

[/ QUOTE ]

(censored) yeah!, That (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) guy (censored)! It sure (censored) (censored) (censored) now.

-g
Closed Thread