Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Default overs, gut draw, i dont like the way i played this

should i be betting this flop? folding the turn? how bout the river?

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: overs, gut draw, i dont like the way i played this

flop call is ok. you really need to fold the turn. river overcall isn't horrible, but you shoudln't have gotten there.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Uhhh....I would fold the flop. If I didn't, I would fold the turn. Why would you bet the flop?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:44 PM

I would probably fold the flop.

I don't know what UTG has, but with a four-straight on the board, I think a turn fold is something to consider. If you're just up against A8o, then you want to stay in, but I think you're going to be drawing to just your gutshot a fair amount of the time. And, occasionally, when UTG has, say, T9, the best you can hope for is a chop.

The river looks fine to me.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:47 PM

2 overs is not enough here?

edit: on the flop
Old 09-13-2005, 07:52 PM

Not in this case. If you hit your K, you'll either be outkicked or reverse dominated. The T is a little better, but still could be outkicked and it brings gutshot possibilites. The pot's not that big and there's not a lot that makes me want to stay in the hand.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:57 PM

Fold flop: you're getting 9:1, but a K or T could give someone two pair (K8, T8, etc). even if you hit your T, you're opening redraws to anyone with a 9. You have to discount outs here.

Fold turn: will utg limp 99, 109, 98 pf? could mp3 have something like A4, 44, etc? same as before, hitting a pair on the river could give someone two pair...and your odds just got cut by nearly half on the turn. easy fold here.

River overcall is debatable. MP3 could still be calling with a 4, but more likely has some pair. would UTG be hesitant to bet just a pair of 8's on this river? I probably call here though.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:05 PM

i think a flop call is marginal with 2 overs and a bd str8 draw (your T is vulnerable to overs). plus there is 3 to a str8 on board. i think it goes fold &gt; bet &gt; call.

the turn call is terrible. with 4 to a str8 on board and two opponents in an unraised pot, i think it is very likely that someone has a 9 or a 4. also, if a nine come on the river and you make a str8, you could still be splitting the pot. i will fold in this situation almost every time.

on the river you caught a king, but i think that this will only make you a second best hand here most of the time.

in a small pot, i would probably fold this hand on the flop.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 overs is not enough here?

edit: on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP and small pot. IMHO, I dont think it is. Fold the flop.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM

Fold the flop you got nothing bit 2 overs and a backdoor. Also one of your overs completes a straight. Also since there are 3 cards very close it is possible someone already has 2 pair with all those players.