Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 AM

Default really odd hand

Im not sure quite what to make of this hand. Was I being cheated, or is this just another example of low limit lunacy?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

UTG shows [ 3d, Ad ] two pairs, tens and threes.
BB shows [ 3c, Jh ] two pairs, jacks and tens.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: really odd hand

I've seen this kinda crap from time to time but this looks a bit fishy. Especially given that they're sitting right next to each other.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 AM

You need to raise this preflop.

BB played his hand perfectly. UTG on the other hand is a moron.

You weren't cheated, you just happened to get pushed out of a hand by someone who greatly overvalues their pitiful holding. Take a note of him and play it differently against him next time. Without knowing that he's capable of doing this, though, your fold is correct.

And in future, don't include results in your post, as it may bias some of the responses.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:42 AM

You don't need to raise this hand preflop. In fact, I don't like raising it that much here.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to raise this hand preflop. In fact, I don't like raising it that much here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise to buy the button and fold the blinds. okay, maybe saying "need to raise" was too strong, but I think raising is better than limping.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, I don't like raising it that much here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a raise. It increases the odds of getting the button, it narrows the field, and it makes postflop easier to play. KJo isn't really a drawing hand, so if played, I prefer to liimt the field as much as possible.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:53 AM

yeah, I probably should've raised PF with only two limpers in the pot. I had to post the hand results as the post wouldnt have made much sense without them.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:57 AM

I've seen the raise or not to raise with KJo from MP after limper(s) thing come up a few times lately and I'm starting to think that it's too close to matter much.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:00 AM

In terms of value it's probably close. But in terms of gaining positional advantage for the hand, I think if you have a chance to buy the button, you should. The rest of the hand becomes easier to play.

So from MP it's debatable, but here we're not in MP, we're in the CO. We are very likely to get the button with a raise.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So from MP it's debatable, but here we're not in MP, we're in the CO. We are very likely to get the button with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek. Read the hand too fast. From the CO in this spot I probably raise 90% of the time.