Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Default what to do here (PS 5/10)

This is a VERY agressive opponent PT STATS vpip 40/ pfr 23
He reraised me about 5 hands in a row and I folded.
This I decided to call and he stacked me.

Okay of course I could have decided to fold preflop, although if i do call and flop this, I cant ever let it go right? i mean, my money has to go in after that flop i think

how about the preflop call.. is that acceptable? i mean, on my particular situation :/

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (4 handed) converter

BB ($1110)
UTG ($1010)
Hero ($2247)
SB ($1098)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $110</font>, Hero calls $80.

Flop: ($225) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, BB calls $100.

Turn: ($425) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $220</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $900</font>, Hero calls $300.

River: ($2225) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $2225

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ad Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has 2s As (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: BB wins $2225. </font>
Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: what to do here (PS 5/10)

r3 u post some interesting hands, but they are always in the form of bad beats. I wish you would post some without results, and with a more open mindset (i.e. what should hero do?, as opposed to hero must lose his stack etc.) That being said this was a standard hand (and call preflop vs. an aggro opponent). Unlucky hand.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Money needs to be in on the flop here. I know he had AA... but he's not getting away from AK on this board if you play it fast.

Are you check folding any 6 turn?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Your pre-flop play on this hand is retarded. You do not bust LAGs by calling 10% of your effective stack with a speculative hand that will often have to fold after the flop or bluff with little/no outs. If you feel that he is re-raising you light, pick a marginal hand and 3-bet him. But do not do what you did here, which is bad.

Of course, given the amount of money in the pot and your history with this opponent, it is unlikely that there will come a time in the hand at which you can fold after the flop. But this still reeks like a bad beat post and my contempt for you increased when I read it.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pre-flop play on this hand is retarded. You do not bust LAGs by calling 10% of your effective stack with a speculative hand that will often have to fold after the flop or bluff with little/no outs. If you feel that he is re-raising you light, pick a marginal hand and 3-bet him. But do not do what you did here, which is bad.

Of course, given the amount of money in the pot and your history with this opponent, it is unlikely that there will come a time in the hand at which you can fold after the flop. But this still reeks like a bad beat post and my contempt for you increased when I read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stratagy for beating LAG is bad. "3-bet" wtf are we playing Limit here? What if the lag pushes? why not just call, make TPTK and call down while lag tries to bluff on all streets?

You are a joke
Old 10-05-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"3-bet" wtf are we playing Limit here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Putting in a re-raise here is a 3-bet... many many people on this forum use this terminology.

[ QUOTE ]
What if the lag pushes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... you fold.

[ QUOTE ]
why not just call, make TPTK and call down while lag tries to bluff on all streets?

[/ QUOTE ]
How exactly do you plan on making TPTK with A2s?

Besides.... most of the time, you don't flop anything, what then?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Spladle Master decided to bump every thread this guy has ever made. Can someone do something about it?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:00 PM

this is the kind of hand that i like openlimping on the button sometimes.