Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Folding AA on Coordinated Flop...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, SB caps...

Sure, there's a possibility that EVERYONE there is raising draws, but I seriously doubted it. With a bet, raise, and re-raise to me, I have to assume my overpair is no good. And even if it were good now, I'm up against two billion straight draws and a flush draw.

I was given 9.5:1 (29:3) odds and I didn't even think hitting an A would win this! Especially if it were an Ah. Plus, I had no backdoor draws.

And with all this action on the flop, I was thinking I'd probably be faced with numerous bets on the turn as well.

Anyone want to argue for a raise or call on this flop?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Folding AA on Coordinated Flop...

Yuck. Don't show that SB capped next time, it will skew responses. The thing here is that CO's 3-bet made you fold but you have him beat almost everytime (and badly, aside from A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hands and the like). But this is your classic horrible flop for AA with no backdoor flush draw. Getting 10:1 immediate I think it is really close. With the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I think I would manage a call, but here your reverse implied odds are absolutely horrible. I'm actually not sure.

I think if I were at the table I would fold, FWIW.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 PM

Without reads I'd probably call the three bet. You could have a pair, a lower overpair and a flush draw in front of you.

After SB capped however, I'd be thinking he has a good made hand like a set or the straight. I'd call that bet and try to hit an Ace, preferably not the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as you said. If I caught that I'd at least call down the rest of the way.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:58 PM

I also should add I most likely would be faced with having to call at least another two bets on the turn.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:15 PM

I agree with the first respondent. As soon as hero folds, cut the hand.

You're getting 10:1 here... I'd be really tempted to fold here, though... it's probably not best, though.

Edit: And if you're not folding: RAISE! (push as many people as you can out of this pot).
Old 09-15-2005, 11:16 PM

People do wacky things in big multiway pots. Call the 3-bet and call down from there.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:29 PM

And then on the turn... SB bets, and it's raised in front of you. Still call because "people do crazy things in big pots" and now the pot is larger?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:33 PM

This fold sucks something bad.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:35 PM

Great argument.

I sometimes have to wonder what it would take for any of you to fold AA on a flop in a big pot. Perhaps if the flop were T98 all of the same suit (and you don't have the A of the suit)? Maybe if it were capped instead of "only" 3-bet before me?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:36 PM

I would cap every time. Capping is way better than calling.