Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Am I just weak tight?

No real reads on anyone. I bet out here hoping to fold some, but that obviously failed. Should I have tried for a c/r??

What do we think about the turn? I couldn't justify a bet with that board and that many people left to act. Can I call this?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero folds, UTG folds.

River: (11.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 08-08-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Am I just weak tight?

I'm not crazy about the flop bet. You're in EP and betting into an 8-player field; everyone is getting odds to call for a gutshot or to improve bottom pair. I'd check, then raise if the bet comes from LP.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 PM

I agree...I'd normally check this flop.

I think the turn fold really sucks though after you do bet.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:01 PM

ya I really hate betting out here looking back. I protected nothing and just set myself up for failure. DOH!

Is this an easy fold if i check the flop and a bet comes from ep or mp with a couple callers? Or peel one off and reevalute the turn with the pot this big?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an easy fold if i check the flop and a bet comes from ep or mp with a couple callers? Or peel one off and reevalute the turn with the pot this big?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty easy call for one bet in a 10 SB+ pot.