Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Seeking online coach

Hey there!

As the title of this post suggests I am seeking a coach for developing my online game.

I am currently pursuing a MSc and enjoy playing poker on the side. I have experimented with online poker since a little more than a year now and I feel that I have a decent grasp of various concepts of hold-em.

I have about 35 000 hands played online. I have played most of my hands at NL $25-100 and the $1/$2 tables at partypoker. I am currently able to play a solid game for long periods of time but the profit ends up in the lows (2.04 BB/100 on average at partypoker ring games). Recently I have been playing a lot of single table tournaments and doing pretty good but I haven't dared to venture into the higher limits as my student economy really is not adapted to gambling. Thus, I feel the need for coaching to plug leaks and develop my game to a new level.

I am very interested in committing a lot of time into poker and this is where I need some guidance. I am willing to discuss an arrangement that both will profit from.

Please bare in mind that I am situated in Sweden and most of the contact will take place online.

Please use the PM function of this forum if you are interested.

Thank you all for your time!

Cheers,
Felix
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Seeking online coach

Don't know much about this but I saw a link from the poker tracker site to www.coachpoker.com/
Looks kinda pricey but might be what you are looking for. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:54 PM

hi lix, i recommend pming josh. about this. hes currently constucting a list of coaches with references and skill sets. itll be a nice utility.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played most of my hands at NL $25-100 and the $1/$2 tables at partypoker. I am currently able to play a solid game for long periods of time but the profit ends up in the lows (2.04 BB/100 on average at partypoker ring games).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're making 2.04BB/100H at 1/2, then you probably don't need coaching -- just beating the rake at that game is impressive. If at the NL, then you could possibly use some help.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM

agreed, if you are beating the game for 2.04 over 25k+ hands, just continue to study.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:42 PM

I see they offer a hand history assessment for $200, does anyone else offer this for a better price?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:47 PM

this is the best time for him to get coaching. you want to get coaching when youre playing lower limits so you can propel yourself into higher games at a much faster rate. when you get to higher limits coaching becomes less and less valuable as you get better because your coaches wont be able to point out mistakes for you. not only that but once you start making a couple hundred dollars an hour and want to pursue coaching the people that can help you best are going to be charging ridiculous sums of money and rightfully so.

if you get a coach to watch you play hell probably be able to point out alot of common mistakes youre making that will drastically improve your winrate.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:29 PM

Thanks to everyone for your support!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.coachpoker.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know this guy on 2+2 (Derek Mithaug)? Is he that good?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:46 PM

i dont mean to put anyone down, but i wouldnt advise someone to invest money into that guy after looking at his website. youre better off getting coaching from a known and respected poster on these forums. anybody who puts that much effort into building a website to get people interested in his coaching services for $100/hr probably isnt making that much from playing poker. you want the type of coaches who are too busy to coach, not the type to go out of their way to find clients. if you click the about me link youll see nothing about his successes of online poker and his financial riches. you see a long story about how he made like $10 playing 2/4 and about how he travels yearly.

having said that i could be very wrong about this guy and he might be a spectacular player and coach.