Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Is this crazy?

Was lurking like I do before I goto Bed. A good player, but not great, JERRRRY or whatever on Stars who is a regular winner at the 10/20 NL game and plays 100/200 on occasion decides to play 4 5k HU S+Gs at one time. He loses 3 of 4. Is he insane? First of all these are high variance in comparison to cash games where he claimed to be a 95% winner. 2nd of all, most players go broke playing this game, whats the point? And what's the point of doing it 4 tables at a time.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Is this crazy?

[ QUOTE ]
Was lurking like I do before I goto Bed. A good player, but not great, JERRRRY or whatever on Stars who is a regular winner at the 10/20 NL game and plays 100/200 on occasion decides to play 4 5k HU S+Gs at one time. He loses 3 of 4. Is he insane? First of all these are high variance in comparison to cash games where he claimed to be a 95% winner. 2nd of all, most players go broke playing this game, whats the point? And what's the point of doing it 4 tables at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he would have won 3 out of 4 would he have been a genius?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:27 PM

No. Just playing 4 at a time at the highest available limits is crazy. I was just pointing out that he didn't do particularly well and odds are if he continues to do this he will go broke, this game has broken many players. He also pointed out that he has never played in a live tourney before (I guess he just turned 21) and he could be "heebing" it up. I just think it would be a crime for him to go bust like this.

I know for a fact Mr. Friedman lost 13 consecutive 5k HU before he dropped out. I'm pretty sure neverwin quit them because he ran cold. I know chipmovr ruined his roll with the game. Other's have come and have been conquered, the only consistant winners seem to be Lars-Magne, and in the past Stevebets (although I saw him playing 1k last night).
Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 PM

The variance of HU is huge. You can't claim he that "he didn't do particularly well". Losing 3 out of 4 is possible even if he was the better player in all of them.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on a lot of information you haven't provided and probably have no way of knowing.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:23 PM

The fact that he lost 3 of 4 is irrelevant, the fact that he's playing 4 people heads up for 5k each is the main reason why I am asking is this guy crazy, is he bound to go broke, my answer is probally.