Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Where do you keep da cheddar?

First of all, I'm fairly new to online poker, and I want to thank all of you that I have learned so much from by simply trolling the boards and absorbing info.
I've finally built up a decent roll, currently playing on Eurobet. I was wondering if you guys keep your entire roll on the website you are currently playing, or if you move it back and forth via neteller. I wan't to be as safe as I can be. I was planning on keeping about 150bb (so I can comfortably 4-table) in eurobet and keeping everything else on neteller. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
C
Old 06-28-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Where do you keep da cheddar?

I think your plan is sound. Diversification is always wise; although most of the companies involved in online gaming are sound, you don't want to have all your bankroll in one place should anything unexpected happen.

This probably goes triple for US residents, with the murky legal status of online gaming. The more different countries your gaming-related assets are spread among, the better.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 AM

I recommend the Neteller route. It works well for me. It makes it very easy when a bonus comes also since your cash is more liquid at Neteller and you can easily get it to wherever it needs to go. I also keep a limited roll at a few sites where I play regularly but whenever it gets to a certain size I cash part of it back to Neteller.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:33 PM

ING has online savings accounts so you could make a little interest too if you like.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ING has online savings accounts so you could make a little interest too if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about that for some of my excess roll. What's the delay on transfers to and from Neteller? Is it the same as a regular bank or is it faster (I hope)?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM

I keep approximatly half of my roll online at any given time. Mostly, it is distribured among the various sites that i play, I try to keep enough to play two tables of my chosen limits on each site that i visit often- absolute, stars, party, empire, paradise, and somewhat less on the sites that i rarely play at- golden palace, prima, crypto. I always try to keep at least $500 in my neteller account, in case a reload pops up and i don't have time to withdraw from one site to deposit to another.

I also keep the other half of my roll in cash at home- i play at cardrooms a copuple times each week, and i don't like to have to go to the bank before i play cards. It's also nice to have ready access to a nice chunk of cash- it's come in handy more than once for non-poker things.