Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Top full house on the turn

Hi

I posted this on another forum, and was a little bit surprised by the answers. What should I do here?

€50 buy in game, blinds €1-€1, generally loose, most stacks around €500-€800. Suppose you know nothing about Player A in this hand.

I call a pot raise to €7 on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Most pots are raised preflop, and the raiser here could have a very wide range of hands. 6 of us see the flop.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3 players check including the raiser, Player A bets €10, Player B calls €10, and I raise to €80. The first 3 players fold, A calls, and B calls.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. A checks, B checks, and I bet €200. A raises all in, about €500 more, and B folds. I have €315 behind, so it costs me €315 into a €960 pot.

What should I do here? What if I knew more about player A?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Top full house on the turn

Call. The game you are describing sounds loose enough that you would get raised with less than quads. You are getting about 3 to 1 odds to call anyway. I can't imagine being in a game where I would consider folding the nut boat. I folded quads once, but that was a different situation and the obvious move.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded quads once, but that was a different situation and the obvious move.

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of couriousity was the board like: 8c 8s Ah Ac Ad with you holding the other two 8s?

It's hard for me to imagine any other such scenario.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 AM

I've folded quads also. It was limit omaha. Flop comes AKK I had KK, bet raise raise raise. Turn A, he bet i folded. He showed AA. Happened on paradise 3 years ago, it's really not that hard to work out.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 AM

Yes. JJxx.
Flop:KKJ
Hero checks from early position.
Villian bets.
Turn: J
Check, Check
River: K
Villian bets.
Hero folds.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've folded quads also. It was limit omaha. Flop comes AKK I had KK, bet raise raise raise. Turn A, he bet i folded. He showed AA. Happened on paradise 3 years ago, it's really not that hard to work out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Good read.....
Old 08-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Some raises preflop also too obviously. But there really is only one hand he is 4 betting on that flop against me. And that's AA.

Actually I should point out the real bastard was that 3 weeks later Paradise started a bad beat bonus that if quad jacks or better get beat you win a $2000 laptop.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:47 PM

I don't see how there's much of a consideration here. The flop action doesn't really do much to indicate that he did have 77, though it is possible. More than a few players smooth call with a set on the flop and raise the turn on a brick / good card. Given that many players will reraise you with 97, 72 and even a seven with three big cards, I don't think there is any consideration of folding. If he has 77, you go broke. Tough luck.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:10 PM

I think more times than not you are going to be shown 97xx. He probably slowed down on the flop because he thought he could be up against a set, but once he hit a house, he conveniently put you on 72xx. If he has 77xx, so be it. You're going to be making money in the long run with top house.

Cheers
Old 08-19-2005, 10:03 AM

Even with a loose game isn't this an easy fold preflop?