Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 12:00 AM

Default bad posture? upper back pain? read here.

i post this as a warning to the younger people and as an alert to the others my age and older.

i have been having upper back pains for about the last 6 months to a year. they finally got so back i went to a physical therapist yesterday. as soon as i went into the office he asked me to take a seat and asked me what i did for a living. i told him i sit at a desk and worked at a computer all day. he bluntly told me my posture sucked and i must be leaning forward to look at my monitor.

this leaning is causing my spine to shift out of place and causing pain on my spine. he said i am way too young (33) to have these types of problems. i put in the normal 8-5 hours at work and then log in a fair share of hours every week playing poker so im in front of the computer quite a bit.

he did say he sees about 2-3 people a week w/ my problem because of the computer. i have some exercises i have to do to get my spine back in shape and in about 1 month the pain should be gone and in 6 months the spine will be upright. there is no permanent damage done. just bad posture. he said if i had continued and did not come in i would have enventually ruptured a disc.

so i post this because i know so many of us log a good deal of hours in front of the computer. so pay attention to how you're sitting. i never realized how important it was until this happened.

now sit up straight!

bwana