Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Got owned yesterday heads up

The short stack, unfortunately you, is 13 BBs. That's well within the range for an optimal push/call strategy. Thanks to dana33, eastbay and others, it appears that a 70/50 push/call strategy is optimal for a 10:1 ratio, and a 60/30 strategy is optimal for a 20:1 ratio. Try something in between.

With this approach, the villian's not going to keep raising you PF -- he'll probably fold the 1st time or two and then you're either going to double up or bust out.

The Shadow
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to dana33, eastbay and others, it appears that a 70/50 push/call strategy is optimal for a 10:1 ratio, and a 60/30 strategy is optimal for a 20:1 ratio

[/ QUOTE ]

is there a link to this? i'm really supposed to be calling my top 50% against a 10x push from an appropriately aggro villain?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to dana33, eastbay and others, it appears that a 70/50 push/call strategy is optimal for a 10:1 ratio, and a 60/30 strategy is optimal for a 20:1 ratio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there a link to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a link. For one good thread, check out dana33's 1st post in the archives. I linked to it in a recent post and in the Heads Up section of my Favorite Threads post.

I agree with you. It seems counter-intuitive to be calling about half the time against a villian playing optimal strategy with the short stack at 10 BBs. That's one reason why the strategy may be not only optimal, but maximal.

The Shadow