Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: How would you play this hand preflop?

I agree

[ QUOTE ]
The only other plausible move to me, is a re-raise to 1400-1600, fold to an all in.. Bet 1000-1200 no matter what hits the flop.. Give it up if there's players.

I think All-in or Call are your worst two options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I either like you're #2 line here or fold.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 AM

I reasoned that there was a pretty big chance that MP was making a play at the pot, and would fold if I raised back big. I felt my options were to give up or raise, as I didn't want to take a flop out of position. Since raising would commit me to the pot I also felt that I had to raise all-in if I wanted to play.

So, I shoved in all my chips, and MP folded according to plan. Unfortunatley SB had pocket AA.

I never even considered SB as a threat, which was clearly a mistake.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reasoned that there was a pretty big chance that MP was making a play at the pot, and would fold if I raised back big. I felt my options were to give up or raise, as I didn't want to take a flop out of position. Since raising would commit me to the pot I also felt that I had to raise all-in if I wanted to play.

So, I shoved in all my chips, and MP folded according to plan. Unfortunatley SB had pocket AA.

I never even considered SB as a threat, which was clearly a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, no. I'm never concerned about sb here...why would you smoothcall with a great hand in the sb here? with these stacks...almost never. sucks you lost to AA
Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 PM

without any reads I call and see a flop and go from there. If you don't trust your post flop play then reraise here to 1800-2100 to hopefully isolate angainst the OR if he pushes, but allows you to fold if the SB goes all in. The SB flat calling worries me a bit.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:02 PM

Well, it seems there is no clear cut way to play the hand. Or at least, there is disagreement on how to play it. In any case I think that this is an example of the type of hands that are the most important to play well in tournaments. Unfortunately I still don't know how I should play it if the situation repeated itself.