Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Where are my buttons at Party?

What the heck is wrong with Party's software? Recently I've started having problems with the buttons not appearing. So I just get timed out, not able to choose my action. It usually works normally for a while, then suddenly this bug appears. I've tried rebooting, but it doesn't seem to help. Should I re-install the client, or is it a server problem? Thankful for any help since this is extremely annoying.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Where are my buttons at Party?

[ QUOTE ]
What the heck is wrong with Party's software? Recently I've started having problems with the buttons not appearing. So I just get timed out, not able to choose my action. It usually works normally for a while, then suddenly this bug appears. I've tried rebooting, but it doesn't seem to help. Should I re-install the client, or is it a server problem? Thankful for any help since this is extremely annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a known bug in their software. Happens to all of us on occasion.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Where are my buttons at Party?

This is pretty common, I get it all the time. You can search for "disappearing buttons" to read more but I've been told by Party support that the only way to fix it is to turn off hardware acceleration; my own experience confirms it for me.

Right-click your desktop and select "properties" -> go to the "settings" tab and click "advanced". Next, go to the "troubleshooting" tab and move the slider all the way to the left. You'll probably have to restart for the changes to take effect, Windows may or may not prompt you to restart, but I've found it's important that you do.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Hopefully problem is solved

Hmm, that's interesting, they think that it's a graphics related problem. Maybe it is in some cases. I don't think that was the problem for me, however.

After some "testing" it was evident that in my case the reason for the disappearing buttons were that the timer didn't reset between hands. So after a few hands enough had accumulated that my client believed that I was timed out immediately when it was my turn to act, hence no buttons. Of course, the server didn't believe that, so everyone had to wait while I timed out on the server too. The only way to reset the timer on my client was to switch tables. Quite annoying.

Then I ran a program that cleaned up the OS, and now the problem actually seems to have disappeared! I haven't been timed out even once since I ran the bug fix. I just hope it will last. Unfortunately I can't point to any specifics regarding what might have caused the problem.